Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27056 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2019, 07:41 AM - 12 Likes   #8146
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First roll of real B&W in the Leica Mini II that I picked up at my thrift shop. Fomapan 100 home developed in the Caffenol CH recipe. Scanned with an Epson V600 and minor tweaks in Lr4.

04-08-2019, 11:07 PM - 9 Likes   #8147
Pentaxian

Sunday morning at the annual photo swap meet near Poitiers I picked up a Fujica G690 BL with a 100/3.5 for 130€. Yesterday during lunch I shot a roll of Rollei Superpan 200 and home developed it that night in Caffenol CL stand (70 min.). Here's my favorite image pretty much straight out of the Epson V600 scanner. (x-post from Medium Format thread)

04-09-2019, 03:08 AM   #8148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Sunday morning at the annual photo swap meet near Poitiers I picked up a Fujica G690 BL with a 100/3.5 for 130€. Yesterday during lunch I shot a roll of Rollei Superpan 200 and home developed it that night in Caffenol CL stand (70 min.). Here's my favorite image pretty much straight out of the Epson V600 scanner. (x-post from Medium Format thread)
Well done that looks great. And wow, 70 minutes!
04-09-2019, 04:52 PM - 4 Likes   #8149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

P30, M80-200, Ilford FP4

04-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #8150
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
Long time no see. It has been a very interesting winter - an adventure with a stray cat led to huge lymph nodes which looked like a relapse of the CLL, but which, I was certain, were bartonellosis ("cat scratch fever"). They have become much less tender and quite a bit smaller after the appropriate antibiotics, so I may yet chisel away at a few more of the films in my freezer. Let's celebrate with some still life/still alive flowers (500cm, Distagon 4/50, XP2 Super @ISO100, HC-110, X1 scans, cropped for printing):

Yes, celebrate! these are beautiful.

Steve
04-09-2019, 06:56 PM - 8 Likes   #8151
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A couple from the Willow City Loop, north of Fredericksburg Texas.

2001-dated Kodak High Speed Infrared (HIE), exposed at ISO250 through a No. 25 red filter with a Pentax MG, 50mm f/2 SMC Pentax-M lens.

04-09-2019, 07:09 PM - 6 Likes   #8152
Veteran Member

Recently I 'inherited' a Hasselblad 500CM; which is quite a story in it's own right. I can elaborate on that later if anyone is interested...
I doubt that the camera has been used much for 10-15 years or longer.

So I rushed out to test the camera as soon as possible; catching the last half an hour of daylight on a Saturday afternoon at a popular local garden.
I found the camera mostly quite intuitive to use however upon developing the roll found that most of the shots were perhaps 2-3 stops underexposed. After scanning I managed to save one photo with a fair bit of work in Lightroom, which is what I've posted below.
The following weekend I set out again, this time to thoroughly test the shutter speeds and troubleshoot what went wrong with the previous roll. This time metering was easy as it was sunny 16. To my relief this later roll showed a very boring and uniformly exposed set of photos, all reasonably dense without over or under exposure. Conclusion: user error, learn to use the incident light meter properly

All in all, I'm very excited to have an interchangeable lense medium format camera again. My only other MF camera is the Fuji GSW690II and whilst it's great, I don't always get along well with framing the wide angle or the range finder focusing.

500CM, Planar 80mm, Tri-X

04-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #8153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Recently I 'inherited' a Hasselblad 500CM; which is quite a story in it's own right.

500CM, Planar 80mm, Tri-X
Congrats on your new. Did it come with other lenses?

I seem to always want to go shoot square on my 500C/M every now and then. I got mine from an original owner. I worked with him. He stopped using the camera many years ago. It took two years of me begging him to sell it. And one day he agreed. The camera was in excellent shape. But last year I did take it to have a CLA and I can feel the film advance crank move much smoother and easier now.

The stock focusing screen on my 500C/M was rather poor. Things didn't "snap" in and out of focus like my Pentax 67 causing me to hunt for focus a lot. Then I heard about an Acute-Matte D focus screen. It costs way too much of course but it's a big improvement and mine as a split screen with grid which added to the improvement. Just an FYI.
04-09-2019, 09:47 PM - 8 Likes   #8154
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm almost out of my Efke 100, but thankfully still have quite a bit of 50 left. I'm going to miss both when they're gone, especially now that I've discovered that they stand develop nicely.

What I won't miss, however, is just how much of a dust magnet Efke's films are. So much cloning in Lightroom is required to get a presentable scan.

Pentax Super Program.
Tamron Adaptall-2 80-210/3.8-4.
Efke KB50 in Rodinal 1:100 for 1 hour.
04-10-2019, 01:33 AM - 10 Likes   #8155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Congrats on your new. Did it come with other lenses?

I seem to always want to go shoot square on my 500C/M every now and then. I got mine from an original owner. I worked with him. He stopped using the camera many years ago. It took two years of me begging him to sell it. And one day he agreed. The camera was in excellent shape. But last year I did take it to have a CLA and I can feel the film advance crank move much smoother and easier now.

The stock focusing screen on my 500C/M was rather poor. Things didn't "snap" in and out of focus like my Pentax 67 causing me to hunt for focus a lot. Then I heard about an Acute-Matte D focus screen. It costs way too much of course but it's a big improvement and mine as a split screen with grid which added to the improvement. Just an FYI.
Thanks. The only lens is the CF T* 80mm, however the kit that it came with was rather well thought out:
- 2x A12 backs
- prism finder and waist level finder
- spare focusing screen. the screen in the camera is a diagonal split prism with a microprism ring surrounding it. I'm not sure if that is the Acute-Matte D however it seems to work very well. I also found in the camera bag some other focusing screen which looked 'plain', so maybe that was the stock one. I'll have to have a closer look.
- Yellow, orange, red, and polarising filters
- A set of 3 Proxar close up lenses

I'd been looking to get a 500CM for months. I met my aunty at a family birthday party and remembered that her late father, a prolific nature photographer, used a Hasselblad. So I asked her what model he used. She wasn't sure so she sent a message to her step mother over in Tasmania to find out. My innocent question led to me being offered the camera, as the family were looking for someone to use the camera and didn't want to sell it otherwise.
As I was already looking for a 500CM it was easy to justify that I would use it!
Now the more difficult part was getting the camera.
Aunty's stepmother was very hesitant to just ship the camera, although I might have been able to persuade her to use a fragile service.
From where I live to where the camera was located is about 4000km and includes a large stretch of sea...
Before pursuing the shipping further, Aunty's stepmother found someone willing to take it to me in person. Bizarrely the connection was her friend's daughter's partner's mother. How she found this person who was already travelling to the required destination within a few weeks is beyond me.
So then all I needed to do was meet a stranger at the airport after work and behold - the 500CM was in my hands.
A surreal experience seemingly full of coincidences.

Now I just need to take more photos on it

---------- Post added 04-10-19 at 04:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
I'm almost out of my Efke 100, but thankfully still have quite a bit of 50 left. I'm going to miss both when they're gone, especially now that I've discovered that they stand develop nicely.

What I won't miss, however, is just how much of a dust magnet Efke's films are. So much cloning in Lightroom is required to get a presentable scan.
Lovely Efke shot. I have 5 rolls of Efke 25 in the fridge, expired 2011. I didn't think much of it until recently where I realised that it hadn't been manufactured since 2012
I've used the 25 on waterfall shots before and it worked out pretty well.

Fuji GSW690II, Efke 25
04-10-2019, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #8156
Pentaxian

Thanks. The only lens is the CF T* 80mm
The accessories are a good deal. When looking for another lens, stick with bay 60 lenses instead of the older bay 50. You will only need one filter set for all your lenses and a couple of lens hoods. Pentax 67mm bayonet filters fit Hasselblad's bay 60 bayonet, btw.
04-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #8157
Pentaxian

Lovely Efke shot. I have 5 rolls of Efke 25 in the fridge, expired 2011. I didn't think much of it until recently where I realised that it hadn't been manufactured since 2012
I've used the 25 on waterfall shots before and it worked out pretty well.
Quite nice. I've never tried their 25, as it was priced beyond what I was willing pay by the time I started shooting.
04-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #8158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Crown Graphic, APO Symmar 120/5.6, Rollei Infrared @ EI 6, R72 filter, Rodinal

Love this
04-10-2019, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #8159
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Love this
Thanks. Maybe I should have saved it for a Halloween picture.
04-10-2019, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #8160
Pentaxian

Fuji GSW690II, Efke 25
That shot rocks. I've only shot RPX 25 indoors but I just saw someone take an outdoor scene with it of some river rock. It looked a lot like Efke here.