Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2019, 07:43 AM - 1 Like   #8641
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Even so, it's cool to see that you're out using that monster of a lens.
The longest I've shot with is a 400/5.6 on K mount and it brings different technical challenges to shorter lenses.
The biggest challenge is hauling the lens around It is ridiculously large and heavy. And it only has about the same reach as my A* 300/4 on one of my k-mount cameras.

10-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #8642
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Pentax ME Super, SMC Pentax 17mm fisheye, Ilford SFX 200 film, orange filter. (Cross-posted with the fisheye lens club.)
The film says it reaches into the longer wavelengths with a deep red filter for an IR effect. I wonder if you have to rate the film slower when you do use a orange/red filter. I think I'm too late to find out. I don't think I'll see a sunny day for another 6 months around here.
10-14-2019, 08:54 AM - 2 Likes   #8643
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The film says it reaches into the longer wavelengths with a deep red filter for an IR effect. I wonder if you have to rate the film slower when you do use a orange/red filter. I think I'm too late to find out. I don't think I'll see a sunny day for another 6 months around here.
I usually add a stop over the TTL metered reading when using an orange filter. I have a deep red filter but it arrived after I left for New York and haven't had a chance to try it with that film yet.

K.

---------- Post added 10-14-19 at 05:28 PM ----------

Mill race at Mill Green museum. Ondu pinhole camera, Ilford HP5 Plus film, I think an orange filter.

Mill Green (pinhole) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
10-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #8644
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think I'll see a sunny day for another 6 months around here.
It is sunny today

Steve

10-14-2019, 09:39 AM   #8645
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The biggest challenge is hauling the lens around It is ridiculously large and heavy. And it only has about the same reach as my A* 300/4 on one of my k-mount cameras.
Yep it's a big beast. I use a second support for the camera end when using my 6x7 600/4. Seems to do the job, You can also get 6x7 outer-bayonet extension tubes if you want to get closer with this lens, as well the older 6x7 teleconverters work pretty well. (2x & 1.4x)

Enjoy!

Phil.
10-14-2019, 09:42 AM   #8646
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Too bad it was so hazy. The image isn't very sharp. Shutter speed was getting pretty slow. I certainly need more practice with this lens.

Pentax 67, Takumar 600/4, 400TMY, D-23 (1:1)

Where was this taken and what is the subject (besides the moon, of course)?

Steve
10-14-2019, 09:53 AM   #8647
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Where was this taken and what is the subject (besides the moon, of course)?

Steve
Just to the left out of view would be the town of Snohomish. No other subject. The day was nice and I notice it was a full moon the next day so I figured now was the time to try the lens out on the moon. But man did the air get heavy with condinsation real fast along with the haze/pollution. And to top if off I just programmed in a new agitation profile for D-23 and it looks like it's not enough because I got some uneven development too.

I did shoot a roll of color film as the moon came over the mountains (to be developed). There was more ambient light then but still really hazy. So to do a cool moon shot I'm going to need to find a more interesting location away from heavy population.

10-14-2019, 01:12 PM - 8 Likes   #8648
Pentaxian

Dino Nevada. Working on a phone booth collection. I take them wherever I find them these days. It's from my last trip to the Alvord Desert. This was before I started having issues with the film.

GSW690III, Yellow Filter, Retro 80S, PMK

Testing one of two rolls of the old stock of Retro 80S I have. No issue with the backing paper sticking to the emulsion on this roll. Perhaps this may be of interest. I took this at f4 @ 1/8 and one at f2.8 @ 1/15. On paper these should have the identical exposure. But measuring the density of the highlights at the same location there were more significant differences. A density of 1.15 vs 1.36. And I took yet another version at f4 @ 1/4 with a yellow filter. And it measured 1.18. So I guess the actual aperture opening from f2.8 to f4 on this lens is not perfect perhaps?

Pentax 67, 67 105/2.4, Retro 80S, Rodinal

Last edited by tuco; 10-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.
10-14-2019, 04:26 PM   #8649
Pentaxian

Here is a question for anyone in the know. In Dino Nevada, there is a residence that resides half in Nevada and the other half in Oregon. It is directly on the state line. Does the residence get a choice which state they file tax with? Most likely they are part of Nevada since the town is.
10-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #8650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is a question for anyone in the know. In Dino Nevada, there is a residence that resides half in Nevada and the other half in Oregon. It is directly on the state line. Does the residence get a choice which state they file tax with? Most likely they are part of Nevada since the town is.
I would guess whoever provides the services like trash collection, road maintenance etc.
10-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #8651
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Postal Address?

Steve
10-15-2019, 02:27 AM - 1 Like   #8652
Pentaxian

There is a nice historic example from Britain. There was a house on the parish boundary. It was important, because you paid your Poor Tax to the parish in which your house lies. In the end, they decided that they paid it to the parish in which the head of the bed of the householder lay.

I guess you moved the bed into the cheaper parish!

K.
10-15-2019, 10:38 AM - 3 Likes   #8653
Pentaxian

Railway tunnels

Ondu pinhole camera, Ilford HP5 Plus, orange filter.

Pinhole tunnels par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
10-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #8654
Pentaxian

...In the end, they decided that they paid it to the parish in which the head of the bed of the householder lay.
LOL, that sounds like solution people would come up with centuries ago.
10-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #8655
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
There is a nice historic example from Britain. There was a house on the parish boundary. It was important, because you paid your Poor Tax to the parish in which your house lies. In the end, they decided that they paid it to the parish in which the head of the bed of the householder lay.

I guess you moved the bed into the cheaper parish!

K.
What they didn’t say was that the car was considered head of household for tax purposes...

-Eric