Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2020, 02:09 AM   #9181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks friend
It is what it is. I haven't had enough energy to go out for months now. Getting the book done was really important to me, and I am grateful for everyone that has ordered one.
Colton, I've got no idea what your circumstances are and no intention of prying. I'd just like to echo other posters in saying how much I've enjoyed the stuff you have posted here

05-21-2020, 06:16 AM   #9182
Pentaxian

Ya, over the past 10 years I have amassed quite the collection of older interesting expired film (probably around 350 rolls). I would find it here and there for very little money. Now I am probably done with my photo taking days There is still so many different films I want to try...
I just want to add my gratitude for the knowledge, both through your technical notes and mastery of composition, that you impart to the community and to me personally. Thank you!

I sure hope you will be able to continue posting your inspiring work, even if you can't shoot new stuff.
05-21-2020, 07:46 AM   #9183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ya, over the past 10 years I have amassed quite the collection of older interesting expired film (probably around 350 rolls). I would find it here and there for very little money. Now I am probably done with my photo taking days There is still so many different films I want to try...
That's sad news Colton and we will miss your work. Your scanning tips have been very helpful to me and your mastery of it is second to none!

Phil.
05-21-2020, 09:54 AM - 8 Likes   #9184
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Colton, I've got no idea what your circumstances are and no intention of prying. I'd just like to echo other posters in saying how much I've enjoyed the stuff you have posted here
QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
I just want to add my gratitude for the knowledge, both through your technical notes and mastery of composition, that you impart to the community and to me personally. Thank you!

I sure hope you will be able to continue posting your inspiring work, even if you can't shoot new stuff.
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
That's sad news Colton and we will miss your work. Your scanning tips have been very helpful to me and your mastery of it is second to none!

Phil.

Thanks for your kind words guys.
I don't intend to go anywhere for now, so y'all will have to put up with me for awhile yet
In a strange way, this forum is where I started out and is kinda my home place on the internet.
I'll still be posting photos, but I am a bit worried that I won't be able to get out and shoot anymore

Here's another from that roll of Agfa APX 25...

Hasselblad 500c/m
Carl Zeiss Planar C T* 80/2.8
Agfa APX 25 Expired
Epson V500

05-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #9185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Your shots make APX 25 seem like a very nice film to use indeed. What are you using for developer and general developing method?

Also sorry to hear that you're not so able to get out and shoot as you have in the past.
05-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #9186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Your shots make APX 25 seem like a very nice film to use indeed. What are you using for developer and general developing method?

Also sorry to hear that you're not so able to get out and shoot as you have in the past.
I think I had Citizen Photo in Portland develop that roll. I'm not sure what developer they used.
05-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #9187
Pentaxian

I think I had Citizen Photo in Portland develop that roll. I'm not sure what developer they used.
You can get an idea of the type of developer used maybe. I'd think if you are developing film (without specific instructions) for the public, you gotta use a box speed developer. And depending on volume if you'd use a replenishment developer. And I bet the nature of the developer would be to yield a longer toe in characteristic response of the film than you might get with another developer choice.

05-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #9188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You can get an idea of the type of developer used maybe. I'd think if you are developing film (without specific instructions) for the public, you gotta use a box speed developer. And depending on volume if you'd use a replenishment developer. And I bet the nature of the developer would be to yield a longer toe in characteristic response of the film than you might get with another developer choice.
I think I at some point I called them and asked which developer they typically used, but I can't remember what it was.
05-21-2020, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #9189
Veteran Member

Hey Colton,

I just wanted to join with the others and say how much I appreciate your work and admire your creativity and vision.
I may not comment much these days, though I'm still here viewing it

I am hoping to purchase your book soon. Unfortunately the cost of getting it over to me in Australia is very high (though no fault of yours!); even so can hopefully make it happen soon.
Hopefully you won't run out of copies in the meantime.

Thinking of you, mate.
cheers, Jason
05-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #9190
Veteran Member

Colton, your photos have always made me pause, if for no other reason than to study your technique. You have a unique eye and I have faith that you will continue to exercise it. I'm probably not suggesting anything you haven't already thought of, but I thought I should mention it nonetheless. If you can't go out, then settle in. There's lots of creative work that can be done in a studio, and perhaps even more interesting, there's an almost unlimited amount of subject material when you delve into the world of macro photography. Something as simple as salt crystals under UV light (just a guess -- never tried it) could end up being a worthwhile subject.

Best wishes.
05-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #9191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Hey Colton,

I just wanted to join with the others and say how much I appreciate your work and admire your creativity and vision.
I may not comment much these days, though I'm still here viewing it

I am hoping to purchase your book soon. Unfortunately the cost of getting it over to me in Australia is very high (though no fault of yours!); even so can hopefully make it happen soon.
Hopefully you won't run out of copies in the meantime.

Thinking of you, mate.
cheers, Jason
Thanks Jason
Ya, I wish that international shipping was less expensive
05-25-2020, 07:46 PM - 10 Likes   #9192
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't really remember much about this photo. It was a bright, clear, cold day in... January or February, most likely. But that's about it, really.

Topcon R III.
Either a Meyer Primoplan 58mm f1.9 or an Auto-Topcor 5.8cm f1.8.
lford FP4+.

Last edited by g026r; 05-26-2020 at 06:33 AM.
05-27-2020, 03:31 AM - 7 Likes   #9193
Pentaxian

Early morning stillness | Dove Lake, Tasmania

Olympus OM1n, Zuiko 50/f1.4 and Tmax400

05-27-2020, 09:26 PM - 4 Likes   #9194

First roll of Acros II, developed in D-76:

[IMG]img336 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/149920357@N08/[/IMG]

[IMG]img330 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/149920357@N08/][/IMG]

Last edited by peter82; 05-27-2020 at 09:31 PM.
05-28-2020, 12:45 AM - 11 Likes   #9195
Pentaxian

Cradle Valley, Tasmania

OM1n, Zuiko 50/f1.4 and Tmax400