Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM - 1 Like   #1276
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,049
From the big apple!

Attached Images
 
11-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #1277
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
From the big apple!
Thatīs a fine shot
11-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #1278
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,049
QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
Thatīs a fine shot
Thanks, JT. I made a mistake, however. This is not a film shot, and belongs on digital black and white thread.
11-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #1279
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,188
A couple architectural shots of downtown Vancouver with the Pentax 67 and 45/4.

Kodak T-Max 400, yellow filter, lab processing and scans.





Phil.

11-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #1280
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Langley, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 515
Nice shots, Phil. One of these days we should do coffee when I'm out near UBC. Our K2DMDs could share stories...

Scored at the thrift store today - got an Olympus Stylus Epic with the 35mm 2.8 lens. As luck would have it, the battery was still good, and I had a dummy roll of film in my pocket (for testing a film body later at work). Dropped in the film, fired it up, and confirmed everything was good to go - nice way to spend $5! The cover is worn but the optics are pristine. Time to drop a roll of Acros into this puppy...
11-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #1281
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,188
QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
Nice shots, Phil. One of these days we should do coffee when I'm out near UBC. Our K2DMDs could share stories...

Scored at the thrift store today - got an Olympus Stylus Epic with the 35mm 2.8 lens. As luck would have it, the battery was still good, and I had a dummy roll of film in my pocket (for testing a film body later at work). Dropped in the film, fired it up, and confirmed everything was good to go - nice way to spend $5! The cover is worn but the optics are pristine. Time to drop a roll of Acros into this puppy...
Thanks! Sure let me know when you head out to UBC and I'll meet you for a coffee. I'm semi retiring tomorrow so will have more time on my hands.
Nice pickup getting the Olympus for $5.00!

Phil.
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #1282
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Langley, BC
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 515
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Thanks! Sure let me know when you head out to UBC and I'll meet you for a coffee. I'm semi retiring tomorrow so will have more time on my hands.
Nice pickup getting the Olympus for $5.00!

Phil.
Yes, I was pretty pleased to find one. I've been keeping an eye out for an XA and/or a Stylus Epic, and today was my day.

I'll drop a line a bit in advance of when I come out next. Congrats on (semi) retirement! I've a long way to go before that's a reality, alas...
11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1283
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,188
Some expired Ilford HP5+

Pentax KM with M28-50/3.5-4.5, orange filter, lab processing and home scans.





Phil.

12-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1284
Pentaxian
Paleo Pete's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,877
Not a great scan, a shot I took of a lone tree on a hilltop in front of my mother's house in Texas many moons ago. Taken around 1990 or so with a Pentax KX and 50mm. The horizon is not off, the hilltop slopes like that.

12-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1285
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047



Foma 400, HC-110, Epson 4490, Photoshop Photomerge of 2 frames with Kiev 4 / Jupiter 8M

full size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8238177156_6903243fbc_o.jpg
12-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #1286
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
Hello everyone. My name is Ken and I am new to the forum, and to black and white film for the most part. Even though I shot roll upon roll of film in my youth, the photos were snapshots taken with point and shoots. Then, with digital taking over I went that route, ultimately settling on a Pentax K10d. I got back into film by collecting old lenses for the K10, some of which came with bodies attached. I lucked into a nice Spotmatic, picked up a Holga and dug up a Ricoh KR-5 from a high school art class.

Long story short, I stumbled upon this thread thread and it inspired me to try my hand at developing my own film at home. The work here is fantastic, and I hesitate to even post my first attempts. These were all taken with a Holga 120S on Ilford Delta 400 Professional film processed in Ilfotec DDX then scanned on a V600 with no post processing. Feedback and constructive criticism welcome. Thanks.






Cropped

12-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #1287
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,926
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
Long story short, I stumbled upon this thread thread and it inspired me to try my hand at developing my own film at home. The work here is fantastic, and I hesitate to even post my first attempts. These were all taken with a Holga 120S on Ilford Delta 400 Professional film processed in Ilfotec DDX then scanned on a V600 with no post processing. Feedback and constructive criticism welcome. Thanks.
nice try ! developping on its own film is very rewarding according to many people here

picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off, but overall they are really nice. For my own tast i would have shaken a bit more the tanker to increase contrast but i guess the Olga lens and maybe my screen don't really helps
12-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #1288
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
nice try ! developping on its own film is very rewarding according to many people here

picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off, but overall they are really nice. For my own tast i would have shaken a bit more the tanker to increase contrast but i guess the Olga lens and maybe my screen don't really helps
Thanks for the feedback! I may try that next time I process, learning as I go. I agitated based on ilford's instruction which call for four inversions at the start of each minute, how much more would you recommend?

I expected the metering to be off since the Holga has neither shutter speed control nor aperture control. I picked the Holga up for fun; mainly to see what all of the fuss was about. The roll I am shooting now is 35mm Ilford HP5+ in the KR-5.
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1289
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,130
About 4 inversions each minute is the normal I've used for 50 years. Without seeing the actual negatives I'd guess the non-adjustable Holga may simply be underexposing. Back in film/printing days rescuing flat negatives was just part of the process, using higher contrast paper, etc.
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #1290
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 7,017
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
...
picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off,
It's a Holga! There is no meter in the camera. And if the 120S is like the 120N, you only have a choice of two apertures (sunny and cloudy) and one shutter speed besides bulb.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top