QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
From the big apple!
Thatīs a fine shot
11-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #1278
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
Thatīs a fine shot
Thanks, JT. I made a mistake, however. This is not a film shot, and belongs on digital black and white thread.
11-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #1279
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple architectural shots of downtown Vancouver with the Pentax 67 and 45/4.

Kodak T-Max 400, yellow filter, lab processing and scans.

Phil.

11-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #1280
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots, Phil. One of these days we should do coffee when I'm out near UBC. Our K2DMDs could share stories...

Scored at the thrift store today - got an Olympus Stylus Epic with the 35mm 2.8 lens. As luck would have it, the battery was still good, and I had a dummy roll of film in my pocket (for testing a film body later at work). Dropped in the film, fired it up, and confirmed everything was good to go - nice way to spend $5! The cover is worn but the optics are pristine. Time to drop a roll of Acros into this puppy...
11-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #1281
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
Nice shots, Phil. One of these days we should do coffee when I'm out near UBC. Our K2DMDs could share stories...

Scored at the thrift store today - got an Olympus Stylus Epic with the 35mm 2.8 lens. As luck would have it, the battery was still good, and I had a dummy roll of film in my pocket (for testing a film body later at work). Dropped in the film, fired it up, and confirmed everything was good to go - nice way to spend $5! The cover is worn but the optics are pristine. Time to drop a roll of Acros into this puppy...
Thanks! Sure let me know when you head out to UBC and I'll meet you for a coffee. I'm semi retiring tomorrow so will have more time on my hands.
Nice pickup getting the Olympus for $5.00!

Phil.
11-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #1282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Thanks! Sure let me know when you head out to UBC and I'll meet you for a coffee. I'm semi retiring tomorrow so will have more time on my hands.
Nice pickup getting the Olympus for $5.00!

Phil.
Yes, I was pretty pleased to find one. I've been keeping an eye out for an XA and/or a Stylus Epic, and today was my day.

I'll drop a line a bit in advance of when I come out next. Congrats on (semi) retirement! I've a long way to go before that's a reality, alas...

11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some expired Ilford HP5+

Pentax KM with M28-50/3.5-4.5, orange filter, lab processing and home scans.

Phil.
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #1284
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a great scan, a shot I took of a lone tree on a hilltop in front of my mother's house in Texas many moons ago. Taken around 1990 or so with a Pentax KX and 50mm. The horizon is not off, the hilltop slopes like that.

12-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #1285
Veteran Member

Foma 400, HC-110, Epson 4490, Photoshop Photomerge of 2 frames with Kiev 4 / Jupiter 8M

full size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8238177156_6903243fbc_o.jpg
12-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #1286
Veteran Member

Hello everyone. My name is Ken and I am new to the forum, and to black and white film for the most part. Even though I shot roll upon roll of film in my youth, the photos were snapshots taken with point and shoots. Then, with digital taking over I went that route, ultimately settling on a Pentax K10d. I got back into film by collecting old lenses for the K10, some of which came with bodies attached. I lucked into a nice Spotmatic, picked up a Holga and dug up a Ricoh KR-5 from a high school art class.

Long story short, I stumbled upon this thread thread and it inspired me to try my hand at developing my own film at home. The work here is fantastic, and I hesitate to even post my first attempts. These were all taken with a Holga 120S on Ilford Delta 400 Professional film processed in Ilfotec DDX then scanned on a V600 with no post processing. Feedback and constructive criticism welcome. Thanks.

Cropped

12-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #1287
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
Long story short, I stumbled upon this thread thread and it inspired me to try my hand at developing my own film at home. The work here is fantastic, and I hesitate to even post my first attempts. These were all taken with a Holga 120S on Ilford Delta 400 Professional film processed in Ilfotec DDX then scanned on a V600 with no post processing. Feedback and constructive criticism welcome. Thanks.
nice try ! developping on its own film is very rewarding according to many people here

picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off, but overall they are really nice. For my own tast i would have shaken a bit more the tanker to increase contrast but i guess the Olga lens and maybe my screen don't really helps
12-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #1288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
nice try ! developping on its own film is very rewarding according to many people here

picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off, but overall they are really nice. For my own tast i would have shaken a bit more the tanker to increase contrast but i guess the Olga lens and maybe my screen don't really helps
Thanks for the feedback! I may try that next time I process, learning as I go. I agitated based on ilford's instruction which call for four inversions at the start of each minute, how much more would you recommend?

I expected the metering to be off since the Holga has neither shutter speed control nor aperture control. I picked the Holga up for fun; mainly to see what all of the fuss was about. The roll I am shooting now is 35mm Ilford HP5+ in the KR-5.
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1289
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

About 4 inversions each minute is the normal I've used for 50 years. Without seeing the actual negatives I'd guess the non-adjustable Holga may simply be underexposing. Back in film/printing days rescuing flat negatives was just part of the process, using higher contrast paper, etc.
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #1290
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
picture are nice, maybe the metering is a little bit off,
It's a Holga! There is no meter in the camera. And if the 120S is like the 120N, you only have a choice of two apertures (sunny and cloudy) and one shutter speed besides bulb.