QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
mmm..I like it.

Who's the girl? Is she engaged?
10-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #3333
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
mmm..I like it.

Who's the girl? Is she engaged?

Thanks, she's my old flatmate. Single and looking.

She's Korean, lives in Vietnam and think about moving to Japan. I guess you will have to relocate.
10-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #3334
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
Thanks, she's my old flatmate. Single and looking.

She's Korean, lives in Vietnam and think about moving to Japan. I guess you will have to relocate.
If she comes to visit the UK I can show this rainy place and use her as model for some shots.

10-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #3335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some cemetery shots around London. (K2 shooting Silvermax).

Phil.
10-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #3336
Veteran Member

The test film of the nasty little camera (the Krystall) has arrived, unfortunately the Soviet monster has eaten some exposure and the yellow filter it came with has proven to be darker than what I expected, plus I had some problems focusing, however two self portraits at low light have come out well, both on BW400CN, Industar wide open (3.5), one is taken at 1/60, the other at 1/30...I prefer the one slightly underexposed.
Attached Images

10-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #3337
Veteran Member

The edit doesn't work, sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share some pics of my "new" (1940) Leica IIB and my "new" (60s) Industar 61. For being such an old camera it performed very well and I had more luck with the exposure than with the Krystall and its dark yellow filter:

"action" picture:

Annoying Canadian goose molests young Leica photographer with his continous requests for food:

These Canadian migrants are NEVER full:

Street photography and baloons:

This was a curved ball to the camera and the lens, but I like the results:

Something has gone on fire:

Architecture (sort of)...the windows are so tiny that sometimes I had problems framing correctly the subject:

Landscape:

Bokeh:

Inevitable self portrait, the women of my life all said I'm a little vain:

10-19-2014, 02:07 PM   #3338
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Processed in Caffenol-C, Ultrafine 100, and shot with my Franka Rolfix II 6x9:

This one has heavy post processing.

I drive this road a few times per week, and this view has always pulled me in some way. I finally had the time, camera and light that I wanted to get it.

In Spokane, I intentionally blurred the waterfall and background, because it seemed somewhat cluttered. I wish now that I had snapped another shot with a smaller aperture to get less blurring. sigh.

In Ephrata, I saw this in the cemetery I took digitals, but I felt this deserved a b/w film shot as well.
I converted it to monochrome a couple times, before finally deciding that I liked the warm toning of the RGB better.

10-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #3339
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

This was a curved ball to the camera and the lens, but I like the results:
Well, this is interesting! My FED-2 has a similar light leak that only shows up when shooting vertical. Perhaps the Russians/Ukrainians did too good a job copying things

Steve
10-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #3340
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, this is interesting! My FED-2 has a similar light leak that only shows up when shooting vertical. Perhaps the Russians/Ukrainians did too good a job copying things

Steve
Light leak? Where?
10-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #3341
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Light leak? Where?
The bright "shadowing" at lower left is likely due a light leak reflecting off the camera innards near the frame opening and onto the film.

Steve
10-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #3342
Veteran Member

I haven't noticed, or better I thought it was some flare or ghost effect, btw as far as remember the Fed2 isn't a button loader but more like a Contax-Leica hybrid with the "heart" of a Leica Ii (the shutter) in a Cobtax type body (back loading, big rewind knob,large base rangefinder with strongly coloured (dim for the Leicamen) windows...it would be weird to have the same leak.
10-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #3343
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

...it would be weird to have the same leak.
Agreed, though much of the DNA is similar. The FED-2 has the slide-on back of the Contax and a combo viewfinder/rangefinder, but with a shutter that is essentially similar to your camera, i.e. rotating shutter dial. The rewind nob is tiny and there are no slow speeds. Size-wise, it is smaller than my Kiev 4A and Zorki-4K and about the same (except thickness) as my Pentax Super Program.

Size Comparison Here

From my understanding much of the way it is plumbed is essentially the same as a Barnack body. That is why I thought the light leaks might be similar in how they present. My leak is somewhere near the rangefinder window. There is a clear path from there to the area adjacent to the film frame. Your leak could be somewhere else.

Steve
10-20-2014, 08:52 PM - 4 Likes   #3344
Veteran Member

Leica M3, Summarit 50/1.5, Delta 3200 in DDX:

10-22-2014, 02:58 AM   #3345
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of shots with DA *55 and *ist film camera