Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 12:13 AM - 3 Likes   #4561
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Street foosball, complete with spectators...

KX+Nokton 58/1.4+ACROS100

---------- Post added 01-13-2016 at 03:23 PM ----------

The bay as seen through the eyes of ACROS100..

01-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #4562
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vinceloc Quote
The bay as seen through the eyes of ACROS100
Film is just... film. It is your eyes and your brain that make a shot special... or not.
01-13-2016, 06:45 PM - 4 Likes   #4563
Veteran Member

Same scene, but at a slightly different time. Shot in RAW using the K5 with the same lens (Nokton 58/1.4 SLII) at ISO80, f16. Converted to B+W in CS3. Sharing this just so that those interested can check out any differences. BTW, the shot posted earlier was digitally scanned using the K5..

01-14-2016, 01:17 AM   #4564
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vinceloc Quote
Same scene, but at a slightly different time. Shot in RAW using the K5 with the same lens (Nokton 58/1.4 SLII) at ISO80, f16. Converted to B+W in CS3. Sharing this just so that those interested can check out any differences. BTW, the shot posted earlier was digitally scanned using the K5..
nice comparison , the film shot came out very grainy though.. my experience of ISO 100 films are extremely favourable and if properly scanned they can easily retain loads of detail with minimal-to-none grain visible. My guess is that somewhere along the process some errors sneaked in and made your film shots on ISO 100 film this grainy as they were taken on ISO 800+

nice scenes nonetheless

01-14-2016, 10:47 AM - 4 Likes   #4565
Pentaxian

A scene from a trip a couple years ago. I posted a different version back then. I didn't scan this version because the framing was too low and some clouds rolled in. I was looking at it again and noticed the Pole star was really streaked as well as dotted/dashed star trials in it but not at the bottom of the frame so much.

I can't tell if this is from the thin clouds moving across the sky during the exposure or the film or camera moved during the roughly 45 minute exposure because that pole star is really elongated. Weird.

Hasselblad 500C/M, CF T* 50mm f4 FLE, 100ACR

Re-post this version was taken just before the above and you can see the clouds moving in and no dots or dashes in the trails but some near the pole star are jagged.

01-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #4566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
A scene from a trip a couple years ago. I posted a different version back then. I didn't scan this version because the framing was too low and some clouds rolled in. I was looking at it again and noticed the Pole star was really streaked as well as dotted/dashed star trials in it but not at the bottom of the frame so much.

I can't tell if this is from the thin clouds moving across the sky during the exposure or the film or camera moved during the roughly 45 minute exposure because that pole star is really elongated. Weird.

Re-post this version was taken just before the above and you can see the clouds moving in and no dots or dashes in the trails but some near the pole star are jagged.

Cool - I've never really succeeded taking star trails with film, the exposure is always pretty off. Nicely done!
01-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #4567
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Cool - I've never really succeeded taking star trails with film, the exposure is always pretty off. Nicely done!
Thanks. I've never gone past a 60 second exposure with my digital so far. I couldn't say how well it works for star trail exposures in the 30 to 60 minute range. But of course there is always the digital tricks of combining multiple 30 second images to make one long one. But having an all mechanical camera like that 500C/M means no worrying about a battery.

01-15-2016, 03:07 AM   #4568
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Nice shots!
Maybe the answer to the puzzle is, something to do with the tripod (footing? lock-creep?)

Regards
01-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #4569
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
Nice shots!
Maybe the answer to the puzzle is, something to do with the tripod (footing? lock-creep?)

Regards
Thanks. It could be. I did change the camera's orientation on that shot.
01-16-2016, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #4570
gma

I'm in the "Roll in a Day" Flickr group (the aim is to shoot an entire roll in a single day, optionally on the group's monthly theme).

This month's theme is "Bits 'n' pieces", the idea being to get up close to stuff and capture some texture.

I got a bulk loader last week, so decided my roll should be 18 frames long. I managed to screw up the first 6, so these 12 are all that remain!

Shot on HP5+ and developed in HC-110(B) for 5 minutes, agitation for first 30s, then 4 inversions every minute.

Taken with a 35mm f2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon, on an SPII.
01-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #4571
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gma Quote
I'm in the "Roll in a Day" Flickr group (the aim is to shoot an entire roll in a single day, optionally on the group's monthly theme).
That sounds both like a challenging thing to do and a good reason to get out and take some pictures. You're off to a good start. That's a nice set.
01-17-2016, 03:50 AM   #4572
gma

That sounds both like a challenging thing to do and a good reason to get out and take some pictures. You're off to a good start. That's a nice set.
Thank you! It's certainly made me take some photos that I've really enjoyed. I'd recommend it if anybody fancies it –very easy going.
01-17-2016, 06:02 AM - 3 Likes   #4573

Shot using my first homemade pinehole camera! Who needs a lens?!?

01-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #4574
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gma Quote
That's a great theme for this kind of presentation. Is that a contact sheet or a scan? I had just been thinking about shooting some rolls with this kind of presentation in mind.
01-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #4575

I also shot my first pinhole this week for my creative darkroom class. It was a three dollar paint can variety on ortho-lith film.