Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #4621
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
Bright sunshine on snow was my problem today, and when the cold made the battery fail in the Bessa III it didn't help! Adox CHS25, Rodinal 1+49, 7.5 minutes:

Chris
Great shots!

Phil.

---------- Post added 01-26-16 at 02:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
As for the shots from Bon Echo, it is weird because I have linked them the same way I always do. I copy the image address and paste into the text box that come up from clicking on the picture icon. The address is sandwiched between IMG and /IMG with square brackets around them. I will retry some of the Bon echo shots if they turn out I will add a few more.
Very nice, but they disappeared again so I don't see the images any longer?

Phil.

01-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #4622

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will have to check on my computer at home and see what is going on. Maybe I will retry from there.
01-27-2016, 05:13 AM   #4623

The images come up on my computer at home too. I am a little at a loss. I wonder if I am not doing things quite correctly or if google pictures has changed something which is not allowing permission to see them. I will try to upload a more of the images that did not come up yesterday and see if it works a little better.

---------- Post added 01-27-2016 at 08:32 AM ----------

Somehow it is a google permission issue. When I log out of google the images do not show up. As long as I am logged in I can see the images, including all the images I posted yesterday. I will have to find a different way to link them/change the permissions.
01-27-2016, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #4624
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
First roll came back from the Chaika-II. It's BelOMO, but it may as well be LOMO: light leaks, the shutter drags, the film advance only advances some of the time, and the door doesn't want to stay closed even when latched. (The lens aperture is also a pain to use, but that's a general design flaw rather than quality issues.)

I can't see myself using it often, but with some cheap contrasty B&W it might remain fun from time to time. (Plus some rubber bands to hold the back closed.)

A few that were at least a small bit worth saving:

MMZ/BelOMO Chaika-II.
Industar-69.
Ilford XP2 Super.

Last edited by g026r; 01-27-2016 at 07:56 PM.
01-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #4625
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
Bright sunshine on snow was my problem today, and when the cold made the battery fail in the Bessa III it didn't help! Adox CHS25, Rodinal 1+49, 7.5 minutes:

Chris
Still though, the exposure is very good.

Steve
01-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #4626
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
I can't see myself using it often, but with some cheap contrasty B&W it might remain fun from time to time. (Plus some rubber bands to hold the back closed.)

Actually I quite like the results, be interesting to see some colour shots with the camera. The subway car window is appealing.

Phil.
01-27-2016, 10:20 PM - 2 Likes   #4627
Veteran Member

Here's my first ever large format photo. The film was home developed by a friend, and there was some uneven developing so I added a vignette.

Pacemaker Speed Graphic
Kodak Ektar 127/4.7
Fomapan 100

01-28-2016, 04:27 AM   #4628

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
First roll came back from the Chaika-II. It's BelOMO, but it may as well be LOMO: light leaks, the shutter drags, the film advance only advances some of the time, and the door doesn't want to stay closed even when latched. (The lens aperture is also a pain to use, but that's a general design flaw rather than quality issues.)

MMZ/BelOMO Chaika-II.
Industar-69.
Ilford XP2 Super.
I agree with gofour3 those ones are great images.
01-28-2016, 10:26 AM   #4629
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Actually I quite like the results, be interesting to see some colour shots with the camera. The subway car window is appealing.
QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
I agree with gofour3 those ones are great images.
Thanks. I was hoping to get more of the left window in that subway one, but messed up the composition due to unfamiliarity with the camera. (Square viewfinder with no frame lines.)

The film advance is my biggest issue with it, and I'm wondering if it's just that the film isn't always being held taut enough for the teeth to grab the holes. If that's the case, keeping the back pulled tight with rubber bands might solve two problems.
01-28-2016, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #4630
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here's my first ever large format photo. The film was home developed by a friend, and there was some uneven developing so I added a vignette.
Congrats.

I use a daylight tank for my 4x5 sheet and develop it just like my 120 roll film and get better results than I did with tray developing.
01-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #4631
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Congrats.

I use a daylight tank for my 4x5 sheet and develop it just like my 120 roll film and get better results than I did with tray developing.
Ya, this was tray developed.
For the most part, I'll probably just have Blue Moon Camera do my 4x5 developing. I don't plan on shooting a lot of 4x5, but for the odd shot it will be worth the cost.
01-28-2016, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #4632
Pentaxian

...I don't plan on shooting a lot of 4x5, but for the odd shot it will be worth the cost.
I hear yeah. That Pacemaker is a beast. But I think I'd shoot it more these days than my view camera. The view camera is nice but takes a while to setup, focus and snap a picture from a stowed position. That's fine for still life, landscapes and shots within the proximity of your car but I'd like to give a Graflex a go at more candid handhold type shots.
01-28-2016, 05:52 PM - 4 Likes   #4633
Veteran Member

Fuji GA645i, Fuji Acros 100
01-28-2016, 07:44 PM - 2 Likes   #4634
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pacemaker Speed Graphic
Kodak Ektar 127/4.7
Fomapan 100
Congratulations! Fomapan 100 is sort of hard to work with since it builds density in the highlights fairly quickly. I found that I could tame it by adding a 1 minute pre-soak and using fairly dilute developer. PM me if you want details.

Steve
01-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #4635
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I forget, what do you use for a daylight tank.

Steve