02-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #7951
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
this is kinda groovy
What camera and film was this?

Also, what is it? I can't tell

02-19-2019, 09:11 PM - 6 Likes   #7952

Went ahead and developed my own film for the first time, after being increasingly unhappy with results from the lab. Here's one from my tester roll.

Pentax 67 - SMC 90mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5+.
Epson V600 scan. The scanning/editing could use some work, but was happy with it being the first time.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ediz7531; 02-19-2019 at 09:16 PM.
02-19-2019, 09:22 PM   #7953
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ediz7531 Quote
Went ahead and developed my own film for the first time, after being increasingly unhappy with results from the lab. Here's one from my tester roll.

Pentax 67 - SMC 90mm f/2.8, Ilford HP5+.
Epson V600 scan. The scanning/editing could use some work, but was happy with it being the first time.
Nice. Congrats on developing your first roll! What chemicals did you use?
02-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #7954
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote

Looks like sliced paprika...

02-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #7955
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yucafrita Quote
Looks like sliced paprika...
Haha well done, looks like you figured it out!
02-20-2019, 03:11 AM   #7956

it's a sliced pepper. red. kp digital film simulation. I think I got the grain right, what do you think?
02-20-2019, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #7957

Nice. Congrats on developing your first roll! What chemicals did you use?
Thanks! I used Ilford's chemistry: Ilfotec DD X and rapid fixer; and water as a stop bath.

02-20-2019, 06:06 PM - 9 Likes   #7958

Muséum National d'histoire Naturelle, Paris.

Pentax K1000, Ilford HP5 400 ISO

02-20-2019, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #7959
Veteran Member

it's a sliced pepper. red. kp digital film simulation. I think I got the grain right, what do you think?
As this is one of very few threads on PF that is not the domain of digital photos, I for one would prefer if you didn't post digital images here. Possibly I speak for others too... Think of it from a film photographer's point of view - everywhere else is full of digital photos however on this thread we can exclusively post and share just B&W film photos. A kind of niche within a niche.
Also keep in mind that the group of film shooters here on PF is quite small.
In essence there are a thousand other threads where well-intentioned film-simulation photos can be posted - however I for one feel that this thread is not the right place.

Saying that, feel free to join in the discussion of course. Film is fun and I encourage you to give it a try yourself.
Plenty of good advice available from members here in terms of film cameras, lenses, film, processing techniques etc.
02-20-2019, 09:16 PM - 7 Likes   #7960
Veteran Member

It's good to see some Koni Omega work showing up. I've used Koni Omegas since 1987. Here is one of my earliest Kon Omega shots (Pangnirtung, Nunavut) done with the 90mm:
02-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #7961
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by belugalover69 Quote
Muséum National d'histoire Naturelle, Paris.

Pentax K1000, Ilford HP5 400 ISO
Very nice grain and tones. What species are thos small hominid skeletons?

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
It's good to see some Koni Omega work showing up. I've used Koni Omegas since 1987. Here is one of my earliest Kon Omega shots (Pangnirtung, Nunavut) done with the 90mm:
Nice texture and detail!
02-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #7962
Pentaxian

Nicely put, and yes, you definitely speak for others (me included).

Plenty of places on Pentax Forums for digital work, but not here (even film 'simulation').

As this is one of very few threads on PF that is not the domain of digital photos, I for one would prefer if you didn't post digital images here. Possibly I speak for others too... Think of it from a film photographer's point of view - everywhere else is full of digital photos however on this thread we can exclusively post and share just B&W film photos. A kind of niche within a niche.
Also keep in mind that the group of film shooters here on PF is quite small.
In essence there are a thousand other threads where well-intentioned film-simulation photos can be posted - however I for one feel that this thread is not the right place.

Saying that, feel free to join in the discussion of course. Film is fun and I encourage you to give it a try yourself.
Plenty of good advice available from members here in terms of film cameras, lenses, film, processing techniques etc.
02-21-2019, 08:46 AM - 8 Likes   #7963
Pentaxian

Palace on the Isle, Warsaw, January 2019
(Agfa APX 100)

02-21-2019, 09:14 AM - 3 Likes   #7964
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
"Through the bridge". Newark priory on the Wey Navigation canal.

MX + M 150mm 3.5 Ilford Delta 100

02-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #7965
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

no film, is dslr converted but am interested in b/w film and posting gets me email updates
I am not a sourpuss in regards to posting digital in a film-shot thread, but will point out that the easiest way to get notification is to simply "subscribe" to the thread. At the top of this page there is a row of icons to the left of the search box*. Clicking the "check mark" icon or "Subscribe to this Thread" text will result in you receiving notification of future activity on a thread the same as if you had left a comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Plenty of places on Pentax Forums for digital work, but not here (even film 'simulation').
I just got a strange notion for a new thread that is doomed to fail. How about one for straight comparison between scans of an actual film image and a simulation of the same subject, hopefully taken at the same time?

Steve

(...while not a sourpuss, I strongly discourage the practice...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-21-2019 at 10:51 AM.