Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27013 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2019, 06:30 AM - 3 Likes   #8356
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by crossed-up Quote
They come with a set of rear mounting filters (at least mine did)
I asked a seller for a N mounted version and he told me no, at least for the Nikon one.

At the moment I am in the UK just with my Nikon F2A, I noticed the Nikon Zenitars have a different shape than the K ones, however this must change soon, I might get one of those ugly Zenit KM + with K mount.

Anyway....F2A, Nokton, P30.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SP-3000  Photo 

Last edited by Cuthbert; 06-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.
06-07-2019, 07:17 AM   #8357
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I will chime in as well. I own the K-mount fishy zen and shoot with it on both film and my K-3. There may be better 180° diagonal fisheyes out there, but not with the combination of the zen's compact size, price, and image quality. Mine is on my "never sell" list.

Steve
It also works a treat on the K1. It’s a pain to focus, but it’s fantastic when you get it right.

-Eric
06-07-2019, 07:45 AM - 5 Likes   #8358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Explosion of Beauty

Ventura
Pentax MZ-S
PENTAX-FA 1:2.8 100mm MACRO
Kodak T-MAX 400
f/5.6 1/250 ASA 400
T-Max Developer 1:4 7 Minutes
Pacific Image Prime Film XA Slide & Negative Scanner

I'm impressed with this lens

06-07-2019, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #8359
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I asked a seller for a N mounted version and he told me no, at least for the Nikon one.

At the moment I am in the UK just with my Nikon F2A, I noticed the Nikon Zenitars have a different shape than the K ones, however this must change soon, I might get one of those ugly Zenit KM + with K mount.

Anyway....F2A, Nokton, P30.
Things are different now at KMZ, apparently. The current generation F-mount Zenitar Fisheye lenses (with the huge Zenit logo) are a different body (plastic?) than in the past with the rear-mounted filters no longer bundled, but sold separate. The M42 version no longer has the colorful markings, but appears to be the same otherwise. The K-mount version (colorful markings and all) is still available through eBay and rugift.com though Google and Bing search returns are extremely scant outside of eBay. Something tells me the K-mount version is no longer being sold by KMZ.

KEH has an old-style F-mount in Exc condition with caps and filters for $168.

Steve

06-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #8360
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Things are different now at KMZ, apparently. The current generation F-mount Zenitar Fisheye lenses (with the huge Zenit logo) are a different body (plastic?) than in the past with the rear-mounted filters no longer bundled, but sold separate. The M42 version no longer has the colorful markings, but appears to be the same otherwise. The K-mount version (colorful markings and all) is still available through eBay and rugift.com though Google and Bing search returns are extremely scant outside of eBay. Something tells me the K-mount version is no longer being sold by KMZ.

KEH has an old-style F-mount in Exc condition with caps and filters for $168.

Steve
Thanks Steve,
does the K mount version allow open TTL metering or does it need to be stopped down like a "normal" M42 lens?
06-07-2019, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #8361
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
does the K mount version allow open TTL metering or does it need to be stopped down like a "normal" M42 lens?
The K-mount version is standard Pentax-K with aperture set using the aperture ring (no base contacts). Most K-mount film cameras* are able to TTL meter, open-aperture, with the lens in M or Av modes. However, TTL metering on Pentax dSLRs and crippled-mount film bodies is done stop-down with auto aperture actuation retained in M mode.

Steve

* For the cameras on my shelf, the list includes Ricoh XR-2s, Ricoh XR7, Pentax KX, and Pentax Super Program. If the Zenit Automat were operational, it would work on it too.
06-08-2019, 06:31 AM - 8 Likes   #8362
Pentaxian

MONA, Hobart

Olympus 35RD + HP5+

06-09-2019, 11:42 AM - 10 Likes   #8363
Pentaxian

Trying a polarizer on the sand dunes. The lens looks is a little too wide to prevent a sky density patch from it at this angle.

500C/M, CF 50/4 FLE, 400TMY, PMK Pyro

06-09-2019, 04:36 PM - 5 Likes   #8364
Veteran Member

Stern of a Sloop & Reflection
Spotmatic + Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8
Expired TMax 100
Processed in PMK Pyro with Agfa Rondinax 35U

PS: A very ancient Pyro, probably 10 years old. Part A has turned muddy burgundy, can't see through the bottle even if I shine a light : /
06-10-2019, 03:21 AM - 4 Likes   #8365
Pentaxian

Huon River

Olympus 35RD and HP5+

06-10-2019, 06:15 AM - 6 Likes   #8366
Pentaxian

Copied from my post in the non-B&W-specific film thread:

It may interest a few people here that Fujifilm made a surprise announcement of a new B&W film - Acros 100 II. Autumn 2019 shipping in 135 and 120 formats.

I still have a few rolls left of the original version, including all the ones I bought in Japan two years ago, so won't be in a rush, but it's good to know there'll be a replacement.

Brand new film from Fujifilm: NEOPAN 100 ACROS II announced, begins shipping Autumn 2019 | EMULSIVE

Now if only this would somehow magically help me with my massive developing and scanning backlog.....
06-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #8367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

It may interest a few people here that Fujifilm made a surprise announcement of a new B&W film - Acros 100 II. Autumn 2019 shipping in 135 and 120 formats.

I still have a few rolls left of the original version, including all the ones I bought in Japan two years ago, so won't be in a rush, but it's good to know there'll be a replacement.

Brand new film from Fujifilm: NEOPAN 100 ACROS II announced, begins shipping Autumn 2019 | EMULSIVE

Now if only this would somehow magically help me with my massive developing and scanning backlog.....
It's certainly an interesting development. For me personally I had just filled the gap left by Acros. Not sure now whether to use the new Acros II or not to bother! Will also be interesting to see the price.
All in all it's good news to hear of a B&W film stock returning to production by Fuji.
06-10-2019, 11:12 PM   #8368
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
It's certainly an interesting development. For me personally I had just filled the gap left by Acros. Not sure now whether to use the new Acros II or not to bother! ...
An announcement for an announcement.
Yeah I too kind of moved on and now a new version? I purchased a modest stash of Acros before the discontinuation. I'm a little bummed I spent all that money now. I guess I don't have to be so selective about shooting it up. I mostly use it for long exposures.
06-10-2019, 11:54 PM   #8369
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
An announcement for an announcement.
Yeah I too kind of moved on and now a new version? I purchased a modest stash of Acros before the discontinuation. I'm a little bummed I spent all that money now. I guess I don't have to be so selective about shooting it up. I mostly use it for long exposures.
Yep, let's be honest it's pretty annoying.
Oh well.
06-11-2019, 04:51 AM   #8370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

It makes one wonder whether there was a lot of division inside of the company over the decision to drop the original Acros 100. Perhaps the bean counters who thought it was a money loser, have gone on to other companies, leaving a majority on the side of keeping Fuji making B&W film again.

I guess if somebody only uses one kind of iso 100 BW film, and one has permanently replaced Acros in that category, I can understand why that sort of person might not be very curious about what sort of film Acros II is going to be. But wouldn't anybody else have some curiosity? I'd suspect that they added the "II" because the new emulsion has some improvements they planned to add to the original Acros eventually, and now they want customers to know that they aren't just bringing back BW film, but they are back to refining and improving BW film. It's not like Acros II is going to be relabeled Fomopan (--not that Fomopan 100 doesn't have its charms, but not at Acros prices).