03-09-2020, 09:07 AM - 6 Likes   #9016
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

P67 & 6x7 Takumar 400/4, shooting Ilford SFX 200 with dark red filter:

Phil.

03-10-2020, 03:11 AM - 6 Likes   #9017
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just for fun and x-post from the "recent acquisitions" thread ... happy camper.

"On the right, a nearly new in the box Krokus 69 enlarger with a Nikkor 50/4 lens, plus filters, trays, paper, tongs, bottle, and bulbs ... all for 30€ purchased in Poitiers via "Le Bon Coin" site. I also purchased a mint Canon AE-1 Program with a FD 50/1.8 plus case for 20€ from the same person. I will post the Canon later.

Here, my new Krokus 69 (again on the right) is in my photo club's darkroom. I was looking for parts for the Krokus 69 in the middle of this image. It was donated to the club last month and I repaired it plus cleaned it up a lot ... it was stored in a barn with a Krokus 44 enlarger (also donated) which is just a pile of parts, unfortunately.

I was looking for missing/replacement parts for the club's Krokus 69 ... a missing filter support tray and a broken glass plane in negative holder. So, I stumbled upon the my Krokus 69 ... now I can fabricate a filter tray for the club and replace the broken glass because there's an extra piece with my Krokus.

The silver Krokus 69 on the left is mine and loaned to the club while I paint and finish my home darkroom."

Here's some more images of our darkroom ... there's a seperate small room for total darkness film loading, etc.

03-10-2020, 03:39 AM   #9018
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Just for fun and x-post from the "recent acquisitions" thread ... happy camper.

"On the right, a nearly new in the box Krokus 69 enlarger with a Nikkor 50/4 lens, plus filters, trays, paper, tongs, bottle, and bulbs ... all for 30€ purchased in Poitiers via "Le Bon Coin" site. I also purchased a mint Canon AE-1 Program with a FD 50/1.8 plus case for 20€ from the same person. I will post the Canon later.

Here, my new Krokus 69 (again on the right) is in my photo club's darkroom. I was looking for parts for the Krokus 69 in the middle of this image. It was donated to the club last month and I repaired it plus cleaned it up a lot ... it was stored in a barn with a Krokus 44 enlarger (also donated) which is just a pile of parts, unfortunately.

I was looking for missing/replacement parts for the club's Krokus 69 ... a missing filter support tray and a broken glass plane in negative holder. So, I stumbled upon the my Krokus 69 ... now I can fabricate a filter tray for the club and replace the broken glass because there's an extra piece with my Krokus.

The silver Krokus 69 on the left is mine and loaned to the club while I paint and finish my home darkroom."

Here's some more images of our darkroom ... there's a seperate small room for total darkness film loading, etc.

Thats a really great set up. Does it get alot of use?

AL
03-10-2020, 04:13 AM - 7 Likes   #9019
Pentaxian

Jasper | Sydney

LX, SMC 50/f1.2 and JCH400

03-10-2020, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #9020
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thats a really great set up. Does it get alot of use?

AL
Yes, a good bit. I was recently volunteered to be the "Responsable" of the darkroom.

Last year, it and just me and Régis using it all. I used the Durst M601 most of the time ... since I have the same in my home. This fall, I used a bit more my silver Krokus 69 to print some MF. It is in the club's lab because I needed to make space to paint/finish electricity in my home darkroom. I develop my film at home. This weekend I tested (6X6 neg) the club's donated Krokus 69 and it works fine now.

I have also "recruited" for the club's darkroom ... two friends that were with me at a previous darkroom run by an association until they closed it to make a photcopier room. And word-of-mouth apparently got around, since we've had a few inquiries and several truly new members, too ... a Minolta SRT 101 shooter ... plus a mother and teenage daughter duo.

I taught the daughter how to develop B&W film in the lab last month and I oversaw them this last weekend while they printed the 135 that they developed previously. The mother used to develop and print long ago, but she had forgotten a lot and needed a refresher course, etc.

Cheers, J
03-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #9021
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Yes, a good bit. I was recently volunteered to be the "Responsable" of the darkroom.

Last year, it and just me and Régis using it all. I used the Durst M601 most of the time ... since I have the same in my home. This fall, I used a bit more my silver Krokus 69 to print some MF. It is in the club's lab because I needed to make space to paint/finish electricity in my home darkroom. I develop my film at home. This weekend I tested (6X6 neg) the club's donated Krokus 69 and it works fine now.

I have also "recruited" for the club's darkroom ... two friends that were with me at a previous darkroom run by an association until they closed it to make a photcopier room. And word-of-mouth apparently got around, since we've had a few inquiries and several truly new members, too ... a Minolta SRT 101 shooter ... plus a mother and teenage daughter duo.

I taught the daughter how to develop B&W film in the lab last month and I oversaw them this last weekend while they printed the 135 that they developed previously. The mother used to develop and print long ago, but she had forgotten a lot and needed a refresher course, etc.

Cheers, J
Thats great! I love hearing about people getting back into the hobby and kids learning it.

al
03-11-2020, 10:09 PM - 10 Likes   #9022
Pentaxian

Cool darkroom pictures.

A rescan.
Pentax 67, 67 55/4, Acros, Rodinal 1+100, f5.6 at 4 minutes. The cabin light was off for most of the exposure.

03-11-2020, 10:18 PM   #9023
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
The cabin light was off for most of the exposure.
Very well done- would have been so easy to overexpose the interior. Cool shot
03-11-2020, 11:11 PM   #9024
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Very well done- would have been so easy to overexpose the interior. Cool shot
Thanks.
03-12-2020, 05:35 AM - 9 Likes   #9025
Pentaxian

Skips | Melbourne

MX, SMC 28/f2 and Tmax400

03-13-2020, 12:45 PM - 1 Like   #9026
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Skips | Melbourne

MX, SMC 28/f2 and Tmax400
I like this image quite alot. I like the geometry of it. Everything is rectangles, squares, and 90 degree angles. Nicely done!

al
03-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #9027
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by longbow Quote
Pentax 645, A 35mm f3.5 & Ilford Ortho Plus

Dry Creek (near Cascade Locks)?

Steve
03-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #9028
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Dry Creek (near Cascade Locks)?

Steve
No, it's a little unnamed falls along a old abandon section of Highway 30 near Rainier. Want to go back when the ground is drier and hike up the very steep hillside, as the upper side of the falls looks very impressive.
03-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #9029
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by longbow Quote
No, it's a little unnamed falls along a old abandon section of Highway 30 near Rainier. Want to go back when the ground is drier and hike up the very steep hillside, as the upper side of the falls looks very impressive.
All those creeks get to looking the same! Jack Falls or Little Jack Falls by any chance?

Steve
03-13-2020, 04:58 PM   #9030
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
All those creeks get to looking the same! Jack Falls or Little Jack Falls by any chance?

Steve
We're going to hike back to those maybe Sunday. This is across from Trojan, a short walk from the highway, I believe it's Neer creek.