Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #1

Resurrecting a MX and Super ME

Hi all. I thought I would share my adventure back into the film world so that I don't get lazy and let it slide. I have already had my dad's old MX and Super ME bodies sitting here for several years, along with several lenses and accessories, waiting for me to get them up and running again. Perhaps "resurrecting" isn't quite the word because everything is in excellent shape, and the ME looks almost flawless. Replacement batteries arrived in the mail today and everything appears to be working as they should. I have some light seals on their way from Jon so that I can finish getting them ready for their first rolls of film. If the light seals arrive before the weekend then I am hoping to bring one of the cameras to the local Oktoberfest on the weekend since I want to travel light and don't want to bring my Canon 40D and kit.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here is a shot of the MX after replacing the batteries tonight. The winder works great too - is it worth anything?

And another one from the other day...

Last edited by LiMPiNg; 09-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.
09-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The winder is worth less than $20. At least that is what I paid for mine in EX+ condition from KEH. Here is a link to my review on Hin's blog:
Hin's Tech Corner: A Tale of Three Winders

Steve
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter

A properly functioning Winder MX is actually worth a bit more,
particularly if the problematic battery door screw isn't stripped.

Steve, I like your winder mini review. But you haven't heard
noisy until you've used a Nikon FM2N with MD12 motor drive.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 09-27-2011 at 01:50 PM.
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #4

Original Poster
Cool thanks, and ya the door screw seems to be fine. Doubt I'll use the winder much but was just curious since I haven't seen many around.

09-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
A properly functioning Winder MX is actually worth a bit more,
particularly if the problematic battery door screw isn't stripped.
Thanks Chris for pointing out that the OP has the Winder MX and mine is a Winder MEII. The specs are similar, but the Winder MEII is a lot more common and won't fit the MX.

Steve