Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love my *ist film!

I've been using my *ist film body more and more lately paired with my DA 40mm and the grip accessory. Without the grip, this camera is even smaller than my K100D and much, much lighter. The grip adds a bit of height and makes this small camera super easy to hold but still very compact.

What I love the most is that it's similar enough to my K100D, but it has all of the most important features laid out in clearly labeled buttons and switches. I don't need to hold down a button and spin the dial or go through a menu to find anything. I guess these are the kinds of dedicated buttons and switches that K10D users rave about.

The only disappointing thing is that this camera body has a crippled mount but doesn't support stop down metering using the AE-L button. That might not be a huge loss though since the DA 40mm seems so perfect for this camera body that I might never separate them!

Last edited by igowerf; 12-09-2007 at 05:48 PM.
12-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

*ist "FILM BODY" Insert scratching head here. LOLOL
12-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

nice, another *ist owner...
I have to say, I love that body too. I took it out not too long ago..used some manual lenses....yes, no stop down metering, but it does test your photography skill.....

there she is right in the middle.....

12-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
*ist "FILM BODY" Insert scratching head here. LOLOL
Ha. I say "film body" in my post, but I made a brain fart when I typed the title.

12-10-2007, 05:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by igowerf Quote
That might not be a huge loss though since the DA 40mm seems so perfect for this camera body that I might never separate them!
I've been thinking that would be a great combo, but the *ist is very hard to come by. There seems to be one on ebay right now...damn it, Christmas, making me spend all my hard-earned LBA money on my loved ones!
01-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
Inactive Account

AF problems?

I love my IST* and used it through my last year of highschool and into my freshman year of college. Lately though the AF has been way off. the diopter is set correctly but wont focus correctly..any thoughts?