Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Acessorie recomendations

Hey everyone,Since christmas is coming up anyone got any recomendations for acessories (filters,lens hoods,winders etc.) for a ME? Im thinking of buying the ME winder but is it any good?

11-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Banned

any good? well what will we be comparing it too? the winder ME II? I don't think wether its good or not is really a relevant question, as they both do the same thing. do you need a winder? do you need faster picture taking, a better grip, better balance, etc? if so, then I would certainly suggest the winder ME II. I used the winder MX on my MX quite often when I still had it, and I found it quite useful. but, you can burn through film quite fast.

accessories, well lens hoods.. do you have any lenses that you think could benefit from a lens hood that you don't have one for? lens hoods are always recommended for both stray light protection as well as general protection for the lens itself. I keep a hood on all my lenses, pretty much constantly. filters. well a good UV filter would be a nice thing to have for use in windy, dusty, sandy, etc. environments, otherwise its not needed. if you shoot B&W film often, a good set of color filters would be a good investment.

im not really big on accessories beyond the absolute essentials. if you need a winder, or lens hoods etc. then yes, the ME II winder is great. otherwise, in all honesty, you'd be far better off by treating yourself to say a new lens, or more film. my vote: more film. you will ultimately get far more from that than you will spending money on accessories that you may likely not use enough to warrant purchasing them.

I hope my opinion didn't come off as rude, I was trying to offer genuine advice.
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you don't have one, you can treat yourself to a polarizer.
Real B&W film + developing kit + scanner is something to consider, for me nearly essential to keep the per-roll costs down. Plus, once into B&W you now have colored filters to put on a future list!

A great accessory: another Pentax lens, one step wider or longer than you now have.
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks for the quick reply, im not going to spend a large amount on accessories i want to get a couple of B*W rolls