Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
UPDATE!!!!!

So I left the trusty but ISO limited ME Super at home and took the 3200 capable K1000 with me for a Christmas break in to Bruges in Belgium. Unfortunately, I hadn't really thought things through. In the very low light situations I was hoping to shoot, I couldn't actually see the meter needle At least with the ME Super you can't miss the LEDs of the light meter. Luckily I also had my EOS 3 with me so hopefully I have got some film decent shots :ugh:

12-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A common problem: LED readouts are better in very low light, and match-needle is better in very bright light, when the LEDs are too dim to stand out (esp if you need sunglasses).
Often the number readouts next to the LEDs can't be read in dim light on some cameras. On the LX you match a blue "needle" to an LED for manual, and in extreme lighting conditions one or the other can be hard to see. That's where auto exposure has an advantage.
01-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
UPDATE!!!!!
I couldn't actually see the meter needle At least with the ME Super you can't miss the LEDs of the light meter.
If it is too dark to see the needle, you basically are at the limit of the K1000's meter capability for metering in low light anyway. You'll have meter with an external source when its that low.