Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #1

best place to get my lx serviced

can anyone recommend a good place to get my lx serviced in the uk?ive the seen the one advertised in harrow,but im near sheffield and wondered if there was anyone more local,thanks

12-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m3vwg Quote
can anyone recommend a good place to get my lx serviced in the uk?ive the seen the one advertised in harrow,but im near sheffield and wondered if there was anyone more local,thanks
The only place I can think of is Camera repairs, Lens repair - Newton Ellis & Co. who are in Liverpool

I have not used them for camera repairs but I did send my old Weston Master light meter there to have the selenium cell replaced and they did a good job.
12-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Neither of the two I know are local to you. Harrow Technical are very good. Robin does a nice job (he has serviced many of my cameras) and I always send them by post anyway. Asahi Photo are the other company that I know of and they have a good reputation too.

K.
12-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
cla

thanks guys think harrow seem the best think it will be sent there,theres one on ebay that says hes an ex pentax technician wonder if anyone knows if hes ok??

12-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m3vwg Quote
thanks guys think harrow seem the best think it will be sent there,theres one on ebay that says hes an ex pentax technician wonder if anyone knows if hes ok??
To be honest, if I had an LX then I would be sending it to Harrow. I've not used them but everything I hear about them is good. I wouldn't send it somewhere unknown.