Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B/W Lab advice

EDIT: The first answer is the one I needed. What a dope.

Just loaded my new-to-me LX with some TMAX, meaning I'll need some processing soon.

The local "full-service" camera purveyor near my home tells me they only process color prints locally. I won't say the name, but the initials are Schiller's. They say they send B/W film somewhere, so it takes three weeks. Well, I can do that myself and save the 60% upcharge the bastards add on for "non-professionals" (true story for another time) after they try to convince me to trade-in my Pentax antiques for real cameras. Wal/Co is of course only C-41 . . . .

Would someone please recommend a good mail-in lab for prints and a CD of high-quality jpegs?

FWIW, a friend's son is home for the holidays and brought his swing/bluegrass group from Nashville, so I'm going to christen my new-to-me camera and my M100/2.8 (and the KX with Fujicolor Pro 160 and 35/3.5 if the sun is shining during the day); I'm not sure I ahve the correct filter to shoot the Fuji under stage lights.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-29-2011 at 07:06 PM.
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got nice results from Dwayne's Photo. They processed & scanned a couple rolls of Kodak Max color film for me. I haven't used their B&W processing, but I'm pretty sure they could handle it. Fast turnaround, too. I believe they are located in Kansas.
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I got nice results from Dwayne's Photo. They processed & scanned a couple rolls of Kodak Max color film for me. I haven't used their B&W processing, but I'm pretty sure they could handle it. Fast turnaround, too. I believe they are located in Kansas.
Doh! <Facepalm> I sent them my last two rolls of Kodachrome.
12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

You can also shoot chromogenic film - BW film that can be processed by the C-41 color process.