Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
Forum Member

I would defenitely recommend the PZ-1. It's durable, has lots of great features (1/8000 shutter speed!) and buttons for everything (2 dials!). It's like a cheaper version of MZ-S. A budget option would be MZ-5, which is not so ergonomic and feature-packed, but still great to use. Those 2 are only cameras that I would recommend.

I'm currently using Pentax *ist. It's compact and has nice functions, but not very comfortable to handle because of the size. It feels very fragile and prone to break. For instance I have to glue the battery compartment door every now and then because it tends to disintegrate.

01-07-2012, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #17
Inactive Account

My current AF body is the PZ-20. Lots of buttons, one dial. It's pretty easy to figure out and you can manually set the film speed as well. The PZ-70 has almost exactly the same feature set as the PZ-20, except that you cannot manually set the film speed. Almost done with my test roll and once I have the slides back I can give you a better impression of the camera.

ME Super
01-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all...

pentax-mz-7 now on its way... £22 + £5 postage... Hopefully a bargain!

Coming with FA35-80mm-F4-5.6-Zoom-Lens attached, but rekon I'll sell that (for a pittance) and swap for my F35-70mm-F3.5-4.5-Macro-Zoom Lens

Should arrive middle of week!

Thanks again
01-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ME Super Quote
My current AF body is the PZ-20. Lots of buttons, one dial. It's pretty easy to figure out and you can manually set the film speed as well. The PZ-70 has almost exactly the same feature set as the PZ-20, except that you cannot manually set the film speed. Almost done with my test roll and once I have the slides back I can give you a better impression of the camera.

ME Super

I also have the Z-20, and think it is a fantastic AF camera, I do prefer my MZ-S though, but this one is comes in second place

01-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Thanks all...

pentax-mz-7 now on its way... £22 + £5 postage... Hopefully a bargain!

Coming with FA35-80mm-F4-5.6-Zoom-Lens attached, but rekon I'll sell that (for a pittance) and swap for my F35-70mm-F3.5-4.5-Macro-Zoom Lens

Should arrive middle of week!

Thanks again

If it works, it IS a bargain. Can't find anything under 100€ heer in holland, that is what they ask for them here
01-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Works well except for the Hotshoe...

Ran a film through it and got some small prints back... But when practicing with flash the other night on my K-x I thought I'd try a few on the MZ-7.... Couldn't get the flash to fire either with triggers or directly on the hotshoe... My ME did work (although I didn't have a film in it) though...

Looks like I have a bum hotshoe...
01-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
+1 for the 5n. I got an NOS copy from Adorama for $79 a couple of years ago. I'll have the gears replaced sometime. It is much easier to find than the 6/L, too.
David