Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,425
That bit looks like the frame around the Judas Window (the aperture indicator in the VF path). In a camera of this age I wouldn't be surprised to know that shook loose, but it shouldn't affect exposures. I would let it go until there is a real need to have Eric perform service (on the Sightseeing Screwmount the shuitter began to stick at low speeds, so one of us sent it over to Eric) unless your experience is different.

01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
Hi Steve, it's up to you of course if you want to go forward with the insurance claim or not, but I've just sent the documents to Jennifer.

Griz
Let's wait until Jennifer can check it out. It doesn't sounds like a big deal and in a few years I'll eventually need to send it in for a CLA....so it can wait

QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
How about a slight side step from the direction of the thread for a moment! For 30 years, I've been more than happy with my chrome Pentax's. Then I receive a package from SteveM in BC. Open it up, and BAM, I swear I hear angels singing in the back round! Long story short, I put one of my bass guitars on CL, sold it, and welcomed home a BLACK KX of my very own! It's going to need a little massaging from Eric, but I think it has the potential to become my #1 shooter!

So, thanks Steve, for helping me "see the light" to the dark side of camera finishes!

Cheers!

Griz
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Griz, I completely understand!

As soon as I saw that lovely black MX, I wanted one too. Enjoy your new camera
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
I fear I have developed an entirely new addiction......Ha!
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
YES!! (Looking at my avatar .... )
I like things that are a little different...which is one of the reasons I like Pentax I suppose. I have a very nice clean black "S" coming....stuck at the border I'm sure.
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #183
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by post_eos Quote
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this thread yesterday. I haven't shot film in over 10 years. I'd love to have a go with this. Please let me know if I can get signed up for a turn.

Rod

Sounds great Rod....let's put you on the list after Phil....
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #184
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Riverside CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 269
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Sounds great Rod....let's put you on the list after Phil....
Great. I'm looking forward to it.

01-23-2013, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #185
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
The woman at the post was no help. I'll try calling tomorrow.

I took this photo yesterday for my photo-a-day project.

The travelling Kmount!

01-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
The woman at the post was no help. I'll try calling tomorrow.

I took this photo yesterday for my photo-a-day project.

The travelling Kmount!
I love it!
01-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #187
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
The woman at the post was no help. I'll try calling tomorrow.

I took this photo yesterday for my photo-a-day project.

The travelling Kmount!
VERY nicely done!
01-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #188
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
Thanks guys

So it appears that only the sender can submit a claim for a damaged item, which seems silly to me. Anyway, I'm just heading off to burn through a roll of cheap fuji film, I should have the results tomorrow.

I think monochrome is probably correct about the frame to the judas window. I'm going to remove it as it's moving around the viewfinder, and I'd hate for it to scratch it.

01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #189
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
Hi Jennifer, I'll stop by the post office on Monday and see what can be done.

Cheers!

Griz

QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Thanks guys

So it appears that only the sender can submit a claim for a damaged item, which seems silly to me. Anyway, I'm just heading off to burn through a roll of cheap fuji film, I should have the results tomorrow.

I think monochrome is probably correct about the frame to the judas window. I'm going to remove it as it's moving around the viewfinder, and I'd hate for it to scratch it.
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #190
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
Went out shooting on Saturday. Got to my location by snow mobile (an abandoned farmhouse) and........ DEAD BATTERIES! Not again! So I snapped off a couple guesstimates and proceeded with my K5.

Travelling from Pennsylvania to Alberta in the winter probably didn't help the battery life :P

Anyway she has a fresh pair now, and is ready to go. 3 more hours of work and I will be too. I'm getting out today no matter what... -30 degree weather w/ wind chill isn't going to stop me!
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #191
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Went out shooting on Saturday. Got to my location by snow mobile (an abandoned farmhouse) and........ DEAD BATTERIES! Not again! So I snapped off a couple guesstimates and proceeded with my K5.

Travelling from Pennsylvania to Alberta in the winter probably didn't help the battery life :P

Anyway she has a fresh pair now, and is ready to go. 3 more hours of work and I will be too. I'm getting out today no matter what... -30 degree weather w/ wind chill isn't going to stop me!
DEAD BATTERIES!?!?! I still think Customs took it for a 5 day test drive before delivery!

Gotta say Jennifer, traveling to your location by snow mobile, in that kind of temperature, you're more dedicated than I am at this stage in my life! I've been sniveling for a week because we've been in the 'teens and single digits here, but nothing like -30!

Griz
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #192
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
DEAD BATTERIES!?!?! I still think Customs took it for a 5 day test drive before delivery!

Gotta say Jennifer, traveling to your location by snow mobile, in that kind of temperature, you're more dedicated than I am at this stage in my life! I've been sniveling for a week because we've been in the 'teens and single digits here, but nothing like -30!

Griz
Haha, I wish I could say I was that hardcore but I'm not. It was much warmer on the weekend, maybe between -5 to -10 degrees.
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #193
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
Finally got my first roll of film back and it looks like all is good. I exclusively shot the MX last weekend and it felt great! Love this little camera I'd hate to let it go but I guess it's time to pass it on to the next. I'll make the arrangements to get it shipped off to gofour3 this week.
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #194
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
Cool!! I'm glad to hear that it is still functioning correctly! Know what you mean, I hated to let it go too!

I talked to the post office, and they said that collecting on a claim would be very difficult at best, due to the age of the camera, and the fact that I have no proof of its' condition prior to shipping, so I guess other than them completely losing the shipment, or visible structural damage, it's almost a waste to insure it.....

Looking forward to seeing your shots! I still haven't managed to get my butt into the dark room to process my roll, been a hectic couple of months here for sure.

Griz

QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Finally got my first roll of film back and it looks like all is good. I exclusively shot the MX last weekend and it felt great! Love this little camera I'd hate to let it go but I guess it's time to pass it on to the next. I'll make the arrangements to get it shipped off to gofour3 this week.
02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #195
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
I talked to the post office, and they said that collecting on a claim would be very difficult at best, due to the age of the camera, and the fact that I have no proof of its' condition prior to shipping, so I guess other than them completely losing the shipment, or visible structural damage, it's almost a waste to insure it.....

Looking forward to seeing your shots! I still haven't managed to get my butt into the dark room to process my roll, been a hectic couple of months here for sure.

Griz
No worries...thanks for checking Griz.

I'm looking forward to seeing the shots as well!

Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, list, mx, person, thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
traveling light (for me) RioRico Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 43 01-18-2012 10:36 PM
Best lens combination for traveling with K-7 ardentartichoke Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 16 04-01-2011 07:38 PM
Traveling and Finally Joined wizardsnoop Welcomes and Introductions 3 01-20-2011 02:11 PM
Travel Traveling with my Sigma 10-20mm sealonsf Post Your Photos! 5 10-06-2010 02:39 PM
Traveling with the K-x and DA Ltd. GeneV Pentax DSLR Discussion 56 08-27-2010 09:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top