Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
That's for the help getting it sorted out average-guy. It's certainly not your fault and we'll get it sorted out.

08-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #62
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Just a friendly reminder to everyone to not use UPS / Fedex etc when shipping out of country. UPS is holding the camera because they want an additional $60.62 for a "Brokerage" paperwork fees. I've also had a problem with UPS damaging items during shipment whereas I have never had a problem with USPS, nor do they have any additional "fees".

At least UPS is consistent with a 100% failure rate so far for my shipments!

I've contacted average-guy to see if he can call them so they will drop the fee since I am borrowing the camera and did not buy it.
WOW! Went camping for the weekend, and returned to find this on the forum...yikes! I learned long ago not to use UPS (or OOPS, as we call them) for anything, unless I place an order online, and the vendor uses them exclusively. Sure hope this brokerage fee can be reversed.....just ridiculous!!!

Griz
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #63
Senior Member
average-guy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 102
I didn't get anywhere with Canadian Customs, I had a long chat with the manager of the UPS store and he stated that the US Postal Service is very rarely charge brokerage fee's compared to UPS/FEDEX. Lesson learned, if you're going to send something across the border use your countries public mail system.

Soon I'll be able to develop the roll of film I put through the MX. As soon as I put my "photo gear / developing" room back together, the wife started the irrigation water on her garden and got busy canning and forgot about the water until my 4 year old (my youngest of 4 kids) came running up the stairs to tell my wife there was water in the basement. Yep, flooded the room with all my photo gear and the guest bedroom next to it. I've been meaning to re-arrange that room anyway.
08-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #64
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,116
If it would be helpful to have a 2nd MX (one for US domestic and one for international), I could donate one to the cause. It didn't look like there was enough demand to do this, but with customs hassles I thought I'd offer.

08-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #65
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
If it makes it up to Canada, I'd love to take this camera for a spin.
08-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
I don't think the camera going between Canada and the US it's much of an issue if USPS and Canada Post is used for transport, but we could split up the grouping if there is enough demand?

Sorry to hear about the irrigation accident average-guy! I live on the side of a small mountain, so while I don't have to worry about flooding, I do wonder if I'm going to get washed down the hill at times
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #67
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
I don't think the camera going between Canada and the US it's much of an issue if USPS and Canada Post is used for transport, but we could split up the grouping if there is enough demand?

Sorry to hear about the irrigation accident average-guy! I live on the side of a small mountain, so while I don't have to worry about flooding, I do wonder if I'm going to get washed down the hill at times
Since the MX will already be in Canada, I certainly have no problem stepping back in line, and letting Jennifer have it after you. Makes more sense than to have to chance customs more than necessary.

Griz
08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #68
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by average-guy Quote
I didn't get anywhere with Canadian Customs, I had a long chat with the manager of the UPS store and he stated that the US Postal Service is very rarely charge brokerage fee's compared to UPS/FEDEX. Lesson learned, if you're going to send something across the border use your countries public mail system.

Soon I'll be able to develop the roll of film I put through the MX. As soon as I put my "photo gear / developing" room back together, the wife started the irrigation water on her garden and got busy canning and forgot about the water until my 4 year old (my youngest of 4 kids) came running up the stairs to tell my wife there was water in the basement. Yep, flooded the room with all my photo gear and the guest bedroom next to it. I've been meaning to re-arrange that room anyway.
I'm sorry to hear about the irrigation accident too, Average-guy! Cleaning up flood damage is a real chore. Hope nothing was damaged beyond repair! I'm in the same boat as SteveM, living on the side of a small mountain, and hoping not to wake up at the bottom some day after one of our "gully-washers"!

Griz

08-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #69
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
If it would be helpful to have a 2nd MX (one for US domestic and one for international), I could donate one to the cause. It didn't look like there was enough demand to do this, but with customs hassles I thought I'd offer.
That is a VERY nice offer, TomB_tx! I "think" we'll be OK with the original MX for now, unless the list suddenly picks up steam. With Jennifer on board, there are only 3 of us left at the moment.

Cheers!
Griz
08-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #70
Senior Member
paulusje's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 135
I'm also on the other side of the pond and would love to try out an MX sometime! Please add me to the list (assuming there's enough interest over here )
08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #71
Senior Member
average-guy's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 102
Thanks, the wife was horrified and angry at herself for letting it happen. Thankfully most of my gear was on shelves. Nothing was lost, just the inconvenience of having to empty the rooms and sucking out all the water with a wet-vac. The wife made it up to me........
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #72
Senior Member
Griz57's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Landisburg, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 239
QuoteOriginally posted by average-guy Quote
Thanks, the wife was horrified and angry at herself for letting it happen. Thankfully most of my gear was on shelves. Nothing was lost, just the inconvenience of having to empty the rooms and sucking out all the water with a wet-vac. The wife made it up to me........
Gotta love a happy ending!

Griz
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
SteveM's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,295
OK...picked up the MX today safe and sound! Give me a week or so and I'll pass it along.
08-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #74
Veteran Member
DaveHolmes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,501
I thought it was just in the UK where UPS were awful - In previous employment we actually cancelled a contract with them as our customers began to be frequently being charged for 'handling and administartion - despite the correct paperwork going though, in triplicate!! - DHL provided much better customer service to our clients overseas...
08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #75
Senior Member
JenniferLeigh's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 280
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
That is a VERY nice offer, TomB_tx! I "think" we'll be OK with the original MX for now, unless the list suddenly picks up steam. With Jennifer on board, there are only 3 of us left at the moment.

Cheers!
Griz
Griz, that would be nice of ya! It's been years since I've shot a roll, looking forward to trying out the MX.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, list, mx, person, thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
traveling light (for me) RioRico Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 43 01-18-2012 10:36 PM
Best lens combination for traveling with K-7 ardentartichoke Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 16 04-01-2011 07:38 PM
Traveling and Finally Joined wizardsnoop Welcomes and Introductions 3 01-20-2011 02:11 PM
Travel Traveling with my Sigma 10-20mm sealonsf Post Your Photos! 5 10-06-2010 02:39 PM
Traveling with the K-x and DA Ltd. GeneV Pentax DSLR Discussion 56 08-27-2010 09:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top