Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #91

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
I couldn't get it to fit in the shipping box! If you're ever in Victoria, let me know and we can pull it out one morning.

Possibly needs a new seal? The camera is in great shape.....was a joy to use otherwise.

Thanks. That shot was taken with the M50/1.7 that it came with. No filters and no post processing....just a straight scan from the negative. I quite like that film and expect I'll find myself shooting film more often.
Had I known the problem, I "could" have provided a larger shipping box for you! HA! If I ever get up to Victoria, you may indeed hear an early morning knock at the door!

I love the colors you captured on the lighthouse photo, may have to give Ektar a try myself one day soon.

Cheers!
Griz

08-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #92

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
may have to give Ektar a try myself one day soon
You haven't tried Ektar yet?!? The colours on the SteveM's lighthouse photo is just one example of why I love it. IMO it's well worth the $5-6 you need to experiment.
08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by Simian Summit Quote
You haven't tried Ektar yet?!? The colours on the SteveM's lighthouse photo is just one example of why I love it. IMO it's well worth the $5-6 you need to experiment.
Nope, haven't tried it yet, just back into film after 30 years away, shooting B&W exclusively right now while I try to rediscover my "shooting eye", and refine my processing and printing skills. It's definitely on the list though!

Griz
08-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #94
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Awesome shots Steve! I especially love the parrot; the detail and lighting are just amazing. And DANG, nice shooting on the Osprey with manual focus! What kind of gimbal head do you use, if any?

09-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #95

The MX was in my mail box this morning - thanks Steve! Got here just in time too as I'm going to shoot some ghost towns tomorrow. I'll post pictures as they get developed!!!
09-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #96

QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
The MX was in my mail box this morning - thanks Steve! Got here just in time too as I'm going to shoot some ghost towns tomorrow. I'll post pictures as they get developed!!!
Cool, I love ghost towns, can't wait to see your photos Jennifer! I see you posted this yesterday, so you're probably already there, having a great time...wohoooo!!

Griz
09-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm looking forward to seeing the pics too and I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. Having the MX for a few days really was a lot of fun and renewed my interest.......I just went away for the weekend and shot nothing but film.....
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #98

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics too and I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. Having the MX for a few days really was a lot of fun and renewed my interest.......I just went away for the weekend and shot nothing but film.....
I took your advice and loaded this film with extra care but unfortunately the film came off the sprockets at some point in the day (maybe after 10 or so shots?) I didn't want to lose any of my shots, and since I didn't have anywhere dark to check it I didn't use it for the rest of the day. So no ghost town shots. I'm going out this weekend to finish the roll and fire off a couple more before the camera gets shipped off to Griz on Monday.

09-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #99

The MX is on it's way back to the USA to see Griz.

I didn't have much luck with the MX. My first two outings I had problems with my film kept coming off the spool, finally after doing some research I realized my problem; I wasn't tucking the film in far enough.

So I went out for one last quickie Monday night and it appears I killed the battery! I winged the exposure on the rest of my shots, my film will be back in about a week - fingers crossed!

I replaced the batteries before shipping it off to Griz. Thanks for letting me take part in this project, despite my problems I really enjoyed this little camera

Last edited by JenniferLeigh; 09-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #100

The MX is on it's way back to the USA to see Griz.

I didn't have much luck with the MX. My first two outings I had problems with my film kept coming off the spool, finally after doing some research I realized my problem; I wasn't tucking the film in far enough.

So I went out for one last quickie Monday night and it appears I killed the battery! I wing the exposure on the rest of my shots, my film will be back in about a week - fingers crossed!

I replaced the batteries before shipping it off to Griz. Thanks for letting me take part in this project, despite my problems I really enjoyed this little camera
Thanks for sending the MX on its way Jennifer, I'll be watching the post for it!

Sorry to hear about the problems, those magic needles can be frustrating until you get used to them!

I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives.....looking forward to taking it for a test drive!

Griz
09-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #101

The MX arrived safe and sound this morning, thanks Jennifer!!

This weekend is spoken for, but I'm hoping to get out within the next week to 10 days and put it through its paces!

Cheers!
Griz
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #102

I finally got my pictures back from the lab. I'm not too happy with the lab scans, so I'll have to see if I can get better results with my film scanner.

Here are some of my favs No post, except for a small crop on the first one. Some of the frames have a line across them, I must have scratched it while mucking around with it in the dark.

All shot on Ektar 100 (thanks Steve!) with the 50mm.

My favourite shot out of the whole roll, was accidental. Film jammed up on me and I double exposed it.
09-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter

They look great Jennifer! I do like that last shot too. With the top window on end....is that a Ducabor farm?
09-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #104

They look great Jennifer! I do like that last shot too. With the top window on end....is that a Ducabor farm?
Not sure, what is a Ducafor farm?
09-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter

Not sure, what is a Ducafor farm?
I think I spelt it incorrectly....should be Doukhobors. They are descendants from a group that immigrated here from Russia (Georgia?) . They lived on collective farms and have a distinctive culture. From Wikipedia.....

The modern descendants of the first Canadian Doukhobors continue to live in south-eastern British Columbia, southern Alberta and Saskatchewan. Today, the estimated population of Doukhobors in North America is 40,000 in Canada and about 500 in the United States