Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Nice shots with the MX, Phil. What's your "take" on the camera? I got a super deal on an MX with a winder, a raft of lenses and filters about a year ago off CraigsList, but the camera needs some work that time and budget haven't permitted. (Also have a ton of other film bodies I can shoot when the mood strikes, so repairing the MX hasn't been a real priority). Curious about your impressions and hoping they might inspire me to send my MX off to Eric.

Best,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I did a mini review of the MX:

Pentax MX - Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Database and Reviews

Phil.

04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Traveling K-Mount (or if I may suggest, The Migrating MX) has arrived safely in St.Louis. What a great looking cam!! The roll of Superia is a nice touch, Phil. That will be a first for me.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-04-2012 at 03:43 PM.
04-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The Traveling K-Mount (or if I may suggest, The Migrating MX) has arrived safely in St.Louis. What a great looking cam!! The roll of Superia is a nice touch, Phil. That will be a first for me.
Good news Paul, glad you got it! The film is from Yuchen, so yes thanks to him for sending it. I never got around to using it as I have a fridge full of Fuji Sensia with prepaid processing I'm trying to get through.

Enjoy, Phil.
04-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking forward to seeing some pics Paul...

04-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Looking forward to seeing some pics Paul...
3 day weekend upcoming.
04-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some shots from my last early morning outing with the "Traveling MX", using Fuji Sensia at Ambleside Park West Vancouver.

Phil.
04-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice Phil. I get stuck in an office building and rarely think to stop off on the way to work. Of course even if I took the time to go 15 miles out of the way, my body of water is the Mississippi River!

I think I should stick to club threads for a few months and let someone else hash out Ricoh's plans. Between taking the minority position on the K-01 and lens price increases I feel like a pariah.

04-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think I should stick to club threads for a few months and let someone else hash out Ricoh's plans. Between taking the minority position on the K-01 and lens price increases I feel like a pariah.
I hang out in the lens clubs and the film sections. The bitching and moaning about various Pentax decisions and products (not just here but on other fora too) is, to be frank, a bit boring. As I am (a) shooting more and more film and (b) tending to look at older and older cameras (one day I'll score a nice AP!) I cannot be bothered to get embroiled in all that stuff. I'll admit to actually being quite impressed with the K-01 when I got to handle one the other week.

I really like this travelling K-mount idea. I wonder if I could get a parallel one going in the UK... ~ponders~

K.
04-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I hang out in the lens clubs and the film sections. The bitching and moaning about various Pentax decisions and products (not just here but on other fora too) is, to be frank, a bit boring. As I am (a) shooting more and more film and (b) tending to look at older and older cameras (one day I'll score a nice AP!) I cannot be bothered to get embroiled in all that stuff. I'll admit to actually being quite impressed with the K-01 when I got to handle one the other week.

I really like this travelling K-mount idea. I wonder if I could get a parallel one going in the UK... ~ponders~

K.
Perhaps the OP will permit a round of members in the EU. MediumFormatPro and John Poitiers have expressed a similar question. If we line up enough people the MX would only need to cross the Atlantic once in each direction.

I'm very impressed with the K-01 despite its supposed shortcomings.

Partially OT for a Film Forum thread - but -

Someone else here had an interesting idea that would apply to my K-01 and perhaps in the right group to something like the MX.

He had a group of eight friends to dinner at one of those Japanese restaurants where the chef cooks on a brazier at the table. After a brief instruction period (default set on P) he passed the camera around and asked his friends to record the gathering as they experienced it. He says the results (though reserved for private viewing due to modesty of his friends on an internet Forum) are very very good and evocative.

In the right group the same could be done with a noteworthy film camera!

Last edited by monochrome; 04-05-2012 at 10:53 AM.
04-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice Phil. I get stuck in an office building and rarely think to stop off on the way to work. Of course even if I took the time to go 15 miles out of the way, my body of water is the Mississippi River!

Thanks Paul. The early morning lighting made it difficult for shooting westward. I was trying to test the MX meter in a difficult situation. I think the camera did ok, but the zooms were not so lucky.

Yeah getting worked up about when Pentax is going to release a FF DSLR is not my cup of tea either. You did well with your Yellow K-01, don’t worry about what others think about the camera. Pentax did a good job with its design.

Phil.
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #41
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Cool shots Phil!

I haven't had much time to visit the forums recently (wow, it's been over a month...) Is it currently at Monochrome? Or average guy?

Regarding a European trip, I'm comfortable with it if there's sufficient interest. Say, three or more people lined up, or at least one person in Amsterdam (I'm a big fan).

Looking forward to seeing some more shots soon!
05-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have it and have shot half a roll of Fuji Superia that was in the box. Plan to shoot it and a roll of TMAX this weekend and shift it to Average Guy
05-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow! I can't believe I've had the MX for five weeks. My company merged with another and we're migrating to their systems last week and this - I've been doing 6:00 am - 9:00 pm with an occasional click here during short breaks and tonight I said enough is enough and came home.

I think I'll wind back what I've done, maybe finish the roll in the KX or maybe just send it all to Dwayne's and send the camera on to the next user., which is average guy. SteveM is next up after that.
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #44

Does anyone know what happened to the MX? I sent a PM to Monochrome a few days ago and have yet to get a response.
07-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hmm, I'll send a PM to Monochrome as well and try to get this thing moving. Thanks for being patient, guys.