Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's for the help getting it sorted out average-guy. It's certainly not your fault and we'll get it sorted out.

08-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #62

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Just a friendly reminder to everyone to not use UPS / Fedex etc when shipping out of country. UPS is holding the camera because they want an additional $60.62 for a "Brokerage" paperwork fees. I've also had a problem with UPS damaging items during shipment whereas I have never had a problem with USPS, nor do they have any additional "fees".

At least UPS is consistent with a 100% failure rate so far for my shipments!

I've contacted average-guy to see if he can call them so they will drop the fee since I am borrowing the camera and did not buy it.
WOW! Went camping for the weekend, and returned to find this on the forum...yikes! I learned long ago not to use UPS (or OOPS, as we call them) for anything, unless I place an order online, and the vendor uses them exclusively. Sure hope this brokerage fee can be reversed.....just ridiculous!!!

Griz
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #63

I didn't get anywhere with Canadian Customs, I had a long chat with the manager of the UPS store and he stated that the US Postal Service is very rarely charge brokerage fee's compared to UPS/FEDEX. Lesson learned, if you're going to send something across the border use your countries public mail system.

Soon I'll be able to develop the roll of film I put through the MX. As soon as I put my "photo gear / developing" room back together, the wife started the irrigation water on her garden and got busy canning and forgot about the water until my 4 year old (my youngest of 4 kids) came running up the stairs to tell my wife there was water in the basement. Yep, flooded the room with all my photo gear and the guest bedroom next to it. I've been meaning to re-arrange that room anyway.
08-22-2012, 06:51 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If it would be helpful to have a 2nd MX (one for US domestic and one for international), I could donate one to the cause. It didn't look like there was enough demand to do this, but with customs hassles I thought I'd offer.

08-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #65

If it makes it up to Canada, I'd love to take this camera for a spin.
08-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #66
Veteran Member

I don't think the camera going between Canada and the US it's much of an issue if USPS and Canada Post is used for transport, but we could split up the grouping if there is enough demand?

Sorry to hear about the irrigation accident average-guy! I live on the side of a small mountain, so while I don't have to worry about flooding, I do wonder if I'm going to get washed down the hill at times
08-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
I don't think the camera going between Canada and the US it's much of an issue if USPS and Canada Post is used for transport, but we could split up the grouping if there is enough demand?

Sorry to hear about the irrigation accident average-guy! I live on the side of a small mountain, so while I don't have to worry about flooding, I do wonder if I'm going to get washed down the hill at times
Since the MX will already be in Canada, I certainly have no problem stepping back in line, and letting Jennifer have it after you. Makes more sense than to have to chance customs more than necessary.

Griz

08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by average-guy Quote
I didn't get anywhere with Canadian Customs, I had a long chat with the manager of the UPS store and he stated that the US Postal Service is very rarely charge brokerage fee's compared to UPS/FEDEX. Lesson learned, if you're going to send something across the border use your countries public mail system.

Soon I'll be able to develop the roll of film I put through the MX. As soon as I put my "photo gear / developing" room back together, the wife started the irrigation water on her garden and got busy canning and forgot about the water until my 4 year old (my youngest of 4 kids) came running up the stairs to tell my wife there was water in the basement. Yep, flooded the room with all my photo gear and the guest bedroom next to it. I've been meaning to re-arrange that room anyway.
I'm sorry to hear about the irrigation accident too, Average-guy! Cleaning up flood damage is a real chore. Hope nothing was damaged beyond repair! I'm in the same boat as SteveM, living on the side of a small mountain, and hoping not to wake up at the bottom some day after one of our "gully-washers"!

Griz
08-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
If it would be helpful to have a 2nd MX (one for US domestic and one for international), I could donate one to the cause. It didn't look like there was enough demand to do this, but with customs hassles I thought I'd offer.
That is a VERY nice offer, TomB_tx! I "think" we'll be OK with the original MX for now, unless the list suddenly picks up steam. With Jennifer on board, there are only 3 of us left at the moment.

Cheers!
Griz
08-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #70

I'm also on the other side of the pond and would love to try out an MX sometime! Please add me to the list (assuming there's enough interest over here )
08-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #71

Thanks, the wife was horrified and angry at herself for letting it happen. Thankfully most of my gear was on shelves. Nothing was lost, just the inconvenience of having to empty the rooms and sucking out all the water with a wet-vac. The wife made it up to me........
08-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by average-guy Quote
Thanks, the wife was horrified and angry at herself for letting it happen. Thankfully most of my gear was on shelves. Nothing was lost, just the inconvenience of having to empty the rooms and sucking out all the water with a wet-vac. The wife made it up to me........
Gotta love a happy ending!

Griz
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #73
Veteran Member

OK...picked up the MX today safe and sound! Give me a week or so and I'll pass it along.
08-23-2012, 04:47 AM   #74
Veteran Member

I thought it was just in the UK where UPS were awful - In previous employment we actually cancelled a contract with them as our customers began to be frequently being charged for 'handling and administartion - despite the correct paperwork going though, in triplicate!! - DHL provided much better customer service to our clients overseas...
08-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
That is a VERY nice offer, TomB_tx! I "think" we'll be OK with the original MX for now, unless the list suddenly picks up steam. With Jennifer on board, there are only 3 of us left at the moment.

Cheers!
Griz
Griz, that would be nice of ya! It's been years since I've shot a roll, looking forward to trying out the MX.