Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #76

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Griz, that would be nice of ya! It's been years since I've shot a roll, looking forward to trying out the MX.
No problem at all Jennifer! I've just recently returned to film myself, but I have enough film SLR bodies to keep me busy for a couple of more weeks until the MX arrives! Have fun!!

Griz

08-27-2012, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've just part of a roll left to shoot and then I'll send it along to Jennifer..... Here are a few shots so far. So I don't lose the film look, I haven't done any pp. All shot with Kodak Ektar 100

Should have used a hood....

08-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Really nice shots with the MX. You're just whetting the appetite for more traveling K mount shots, Steve. I love Ektar, although I haven't shot any for a while. I've had really good luck with it and it looks like you do, too. Glad things sorted themselves out and the MX is moving again. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your contribution to this thread.

Best,
Kevin
08-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #79

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Steve,

Beautiful shots. I really like the backlit crane (heron?) What did you shoot the butterfly and the lizard with?

08-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Thanks very much KJon and Simian Summit! I really do like the Ektar and what's even better, I've discovered one of the local brick and mortar stores stocks it in 120 and 135 (Prism Photo on Yates).

The Lizard and Butterfly were taken with an A*200 Macro and the Heron was taken with the A*1200... I sure wish they could make a digital that's as nice to use as the MX.....
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #81

Great pictures Steve! You've got me inspired, can't wait to get my hands on the MX
08-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Thanks very much KJon and Simian Summit! I really do like the Ektar and what's even better, I've discovered one of the local brick and mortar stores stocks it in 120 and 135 (Prism Photo on Yates).

The Lizard and Butterfly were taken with an A*200 Macro and the Heron was taken with the A*1200... I sure wish they could make a digital that's as nice to use as the MX.....
Don't we all...

Best,
Kevin

08-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #83

Great shots Steve, I thoroughly enjoy your work!

Griz
08-28-2012, 06:47 AM   #84
Pentaxian

... and the Heron was taken with the A*1200...
The tiny MX on the back of that monster must have been an amusing sight!

Great photos, BTW. I love my MX too. K.
08-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice Steve!

Phil.
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #86
Veteran Member

OK...the camera is all packaged up and will be enroute to Jennifer tomorrow. Thanks very much Eddie.....it's been a fun few days!

I processed the second role, so here are a few shots from it.....

This shot was taken with the MX with another role of Ektar. I also swapped the camera out with my digital which was interesting and I think the Ektar did a pretty good job considering the sun was not up yet and all there was was a pinky orange glow.

I love the colour in this shot. I'm not sure what happened to the left hand side of the frame....

I stopped off on the way home yesterday for a couple more shots with the A*1200. The Osprey was trying to get a better look at the seal.....

Anyways....thanks again...looking to see some more pics from the MX!
08-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #87

OK...the camera is all packaged up and will be enroute to Jennifer tomorrow. Thanks very much Eddie.....it's been a fun few days!

I processed the second role, so here are a few shots from it.....

This shot was taken with the MX with another role of Ektar. I also swapped the camera out with my digital which was interesting and I think the Ektar did a pretty good job considering the sun was not up yet and all there was was a pinky orange glow.

I love the colour in this shot. I'm not sure what happened to the left hand side of the frame....

I stopped off on the way home yesterday for a couple more shots with the A*1200. The Osprey was trying to get a better look at the seal.....

Anyways....thanks again...looking to see some more pics from the MX!
More great stuff, Steve! You did remember to pack that A*1200 with the MX for Jennifer and me to try out.....didn't you???

Griz
08-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got those reflections on the last roll I shot with the MX as well. (See post #36 top of last picture)

Phil.
08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #89

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the Ektar did a pretty good job considering the sun was not up yet and all there was was a pinky orange glow
Nice shot of the light house. Did you colour balance or shoot without filters?
08-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
More great stuff, Steve! You did remember to pack that A*1200 with the MX for Jennifer and me to try out.....didn't you???

Griz
I couldn't get it to fit in the shipping box! If you're ever in Victoria, let me know and we can pull it out one morning.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
I got those reflections on the last roll I shot with the MX as well. (See post #36 top of last picture)

Phil.
Possibly needs a new seal? The camera is in great shape.....was a joy to use otherwise.

QuoteOriginally posted by Simian Summit Quote
Nice shot of the light house. Did you colour balance or shoot without filters?
Thanks. That shot was taken with the M50/1.7 that it came with. No filters and no post processing....just a straight scan from the negative. I quite like that film and expect I'll find myself shooting film more often.