Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #166

I have some bad news... I'm afraid the MX may have gotten knocked around during transit. There is a piece sticking up in the viewfinder, as you can see in the photo below. The camera appears to function properly.

I'll take it out for a test run on the weekend.

Last edited by JenniferLeigh; 01-22-2013 at 07:16 PM.
01-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #167

Photos: Albums
Well that just ticks me off to no end!!!! The price they're charging for shipping, two weeks in transit, and then this!

Jennifer, I insured it for $100, and have the original documents right in front of me. I can scan and send them to you if you PM an email address to me. Hang on to the packaging, as the post office will want that for the claim....

Griz

QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
I have some bad news... I'm afraid the MX may have gotten knocked around during transit. There is a piece sticking up in the viewfinder, as you can see in the photo below. The camera appears to function properly.

Anyway, I'll take it out for a test run on the weekend.
01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These things happen....no biggie. If the insurance works out then great....but don't spend a ton of time on it. I hope the camera still works OK for you Jennifer........
01-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #169

Sorry about this Steve. I've shipped things all over the world, and this is the first time I've ever had a shipment arrive damaged.

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
These things happen....no biggie. If the insurance works out then great....but don't spend a ton of time on it. I hope the camera still works OK for you Jennifer........

01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
Sorry about this Steve. I've shipped things all over the world, and this is the first time I've ever had a shipment arrive damaged.
No worries.....really. It was a fluke cheap find from a local seller....and there is always the risk of something happening when things get shipped around repeatedly.
01-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #171
Veteran Member

I'd say let's ignore the small bit that shows up in the viewfinder......and have some fun taking a few pics. Jennifer will have it for a week or two....then Phil. Anyone up next?
01-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #172

I just sent Griz my email address, the post is right by my house so I'll see what they have to say. It's the least I can do.

01-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #173

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
I'd say let's ignore the small bit that shows up in the viewfinder......and have some fun taking a few pics. Jennifer will have it for a week or two....then Phil. Anyone up next?
Hi Steve, it's up to you of course if you want to go forward with the insurance claim or not, but I've just sent the documents to Jennifer.

Griz
01-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #174

I just sent Griz my email address, the post is right by my house so I'll see what they have to say. It's the least I can do.
Mornin' Jennifer, the documents should be in your inbox.

Cheers,
Griz
01-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #175

Inspired by the black MX

How about a slight side step from the direction of the thread for a moment! For 30 years, I've been more than happy with my chrome Pentax's. Then I receive a package from SteveM in BC. Open it up, and BAM, I swear I hear angels singing in the back round! Long story short, I put one of my bass guitars on CL, sold it, and welcomed home a BLACK KX of my very own! It's going to need a little massaging from Eric, but I think it has the potential to become my #1 shooter!

So, thanks Steve, for helping me "see the light" to the dark side of camera finishes!

Cheers!

Griz
01-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #176

Griz, I completely understand!

As soon as I saw that lovely black MX, I wanted one too. Enjoy your new camera
01-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #177

Griz, I completely understand!

As soon as I saw that lovely black MX, I wanted one too. Enjoy your new camera
I fear I have developed an entirely new addiction......Ha!
01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
So, thanks Steve, for helping me "see the light" to the dark side of camera finishes!

Cheers!

Griz
YES!! (Looking at my avatar .... )
01-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #179

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
YES!! (Looking at my avatar .... )
Don't think I haven't noticed your avatar before, Monochrome! You're as guilty as Steve is....lol!

Griz
01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #180

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this thread yesterday. I haven't shot film in over 10 years. I'd love to have a go with this. Please let me know if I can get signed up for a turn.

Rod