Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #181
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That bit looks like the frame around the Judas Window (the aperture indicator in the VF path). In a camera of this age I wouldn't be surprised to know that shook loose, but it shouldn't affect exposures. I would let it go until there is a real need to have Eric perform service (on the Sightseeing Screwmount the shuitter began to stick at low speeds, so one of us sent it over to Eric) unless your experience is different.

01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Griz57 Quote
Hi Steve, it's up to you of course if you want to go forward with the insurance claim or not, but I've just sent the documents to Jennifer.

Griz
Let's wait until Jennifer can check it out. It doesn't sounds like a big deal and in a few years I'll eventually need to send it in for a CLA....so it can wait

How about a slight side step from the direction of the thread for a moment! For 30 years, I've been more than happy with my chrome Pentax's. Then I receive a package from SteveM in BC. Open it up, and BAM, I swear I hear angels singing in the back round! Long story short, I put one of my bass guitars on CL, sold it, and welcomed home a BLACK KX of my very own! It's going to need a little massaging from Eric, but I think it has the potential to become my #1 shooter!

So, thanks Steve, for helping me "see the light" to the dark side of camera finishes!

Cheers!

Griz
QuoteOriginally posted by JenniferLeigh Quote
Griz, I completely understand!

As soon as I saw that lovely black MX, I wanted one too. Enjoy your new camera
I fear I have developed an entirely new addiction......Ha!
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
YES!! (Looking at my avatar .... )
I like things that are a little different...which is one of the reasons I like Pentax I suppose. I have a very nice clean black "S" coming....stuck at the border I'm sure.
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by post_eos Quote
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this thread yesterday. I haven't shot film in over 10 years. I'd love to have a go with this. Please let me know if I can get signed up for a turn.

Rod

Sounds great Rod....let's put you on the list after Phil....
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #184

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Sounds great Rod....let's put you on the list after Phil....
Great. I'm looking forward to it.

01-23-2013, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #185

The woman at the post was no help. I'll try calling tomorrow.

I took this photo yesterday for my photo-a-day project.

The travelling Kmount!

01-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #186
Veteran Member

The travelling Kmount!
I love it!
01-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #187

The travelling Kmount!
VERY nicely done!

01-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #188

Thanks guys

So it appears that only the sender can submit a claim for a damaged item, which seems silly to me. Anyway, I'm just heading off to burn through a roll of cheap fuji film, I should have the results tomorrow.

I think monochrome is probably correct about the frame to the judas window. I'm going to remove it as it's moving around the viewfinder, and I'd hate for it to scratch it.
01-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #189

Hi Jennifer, I'll stop by the post office on Monday and see what can be done.

Cheers!

Griz

Thanks guys

So it appears that only the sender can submit a claim for a damaged item, which seems silly to me. Anyway, I'm just heading off to burn through a roll of cheap fuji film, I should have the results tomorrow.

I think monochrome is probably correct about the frame to the judas window. I'm going to remove it as it's moving around the viewfinder, and I'd hate for it to scratch it.
01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #190

Went out shooting on Saturday. Got to my location by snow mobile (an abandoned farmhouse) and........ DEAD BATTERIES! Not again! So I snapped off a couple guesstimates and proceeded with my K5.

Travelling from Pennsylvania to Alberta in the winter probably didn't help the battery life :P

Anyway she has a fresh pair now, and is ready to go. 3 more hours of work and I will be too. I'm getting out today no matter what... -30 degree weather w/ wind chill isn't going to stop me!
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #191

Went out shooting on Saturday. Got to my location by snow mobile (an abandoned farmhouse) and........ DEAD BATTERIES! Not again! So I snapped off a couple guesstimates and proceeded with my K5.

Travelling from Pennsylvania to Alberta in the winter probably didn't help the battery life :P

Anyway she has a fresh pair now, and is ready to go. 3 more hours of work and I will be too. I'm getting out today no matter what... -30 degree weather w/ wind chill isn't going to stop me!
DEAD BATTERIES!?!?! I still think Customs took it for a 5 day test drive before delivery!

Gotta say Jennifer, traveling to your location by snow mobile, in that kind of temperature, you're more dedicated than I am at this stage in my life! I've been sniveling for a week because we've been in the 'teens and single digits here, but nothing like -30!

Griz
01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #192

DEAD BATTERIES!?!?! I still think Customs took it for a 5 day test drive before delivery!

Gotta say Jennifer, traveling to your location by snow mobile, in that kind of temperature, you're more dedicated than I am at this stage in my life! I've been sniveling for a week because we've been in the 'teens and single digits here, but nothing like -30!

Griz
Haha, I wish I could say I was that hardcore but I'm not. It was much warmer on the weekend, maybe between -5 to -10 degrees.
02-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #193

Finally got my first roll of film back and it looks like all is good. I exclusively shot the MX last weekend and it felt great! Love this little camera I'd hate to let it go but I guess it's time to pass it on to the next. I'll make the arrangements to get it shipped off to gofour3 this week.
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #194

Cool!! I'm glad to hear that it is still functioning correctly! Know what you mean, I hated to let it go too!

I talked to the post office, and they said that collecting on a claim would be very difficult at best, due to the age of the camera, and the fact that I have no proof of its' condition prior to shipping, so I guess other than them completely losing the shipment, or visible structural damage, it's almost a waste to insure it.....

Looking forward to seeing your shots! I still haven't managed to get my butt into the dark room to process my roll, been a hectic couple of months here for sure.

Griz

Finally got my first roll of film back and it looks like all is good. I exclusively shot the MX last weekend and it felt great! Love this little camera I'd hate to let it go but I guess it's time to pass it on to the next. I'll make the arrangements to get it shipped off to gofour3 this week.
02-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #195
Veteran Member

I talked to the post office, and they said that collecting on a claim would be very difficult at best, due to the age of the camera, and the fact that I have no proof of its' condition prior to shipping, so I guess other than them completely losing the shipment, or visible structural damage, it's almost a waste to insure it.....

Looking forward to seeing your shots! I still haven't managed to get my butt into the dark room to process my roll, been a hectic couple of months here for sure.

Griz
No worries...thanks for checking Griz.

I'm looking forward to seeing the shots as well!

Steve