Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #1

Spotmatic F lightmeter problem

I just bought this camera, it worked fine and I shot nearly 2 films with it. Suddenly the lightmeter stopped to work, it just sits in the middle and won't move. Also not after installing a fresh battery (PX625A Alkaline Cell, the same it had before).

As I am not familiar with this camera, I wonder if I am missing out on something simple . . . If it is really broken I will send it in for repair, it is such a nice camera

Any suggestions ?

01-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When the light meter is not working it remains in the middle

Some suggestions
1. make sure the battery is the right way up.
2. the contact below the battery which is a strip of fragile metal may not be connecting with the battery. I broke mine off by pulling the metal up. I also use to clean this contact along with the inside of the battery screw cap.Someone else reading through this thread may be able to provide better guidance than me how to improve the contact.

As it is a manual camera everything else works perfectly. My Sp F battery went flat during a wedding. I just estimated the exposures and I ended up with perfect results.