Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Inactive Account

p5 questions

Hi all,

These may be stupid questions so I apologise now if they are.

I'm considering getting a p5/p50 to have a play.with. I have got a good mix of lenses which I use on my k-m and was wondering how the "m" lenses would work with the camera. When I use them on the k-m I go into manual and press the button to step down meter the lens. Can anyone tell me how that would work on the p5? Would I go into manual, set the aperture and then take the guide from the viewfinder?

Also I have found a winder that was used on an me super. It isn't the Pentax version so I can't tell if it is the me or me ii. Does anyone know what the effect would be if I used it on the p5 if it was the me instead of the more recent me ii??

Thanks in advance

01-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My 1st Pentax was the P50 which I do not recommend. The problem is that the aperture resistor that detects the aperture ring is defective by design. Mine was replaced once and the problem persisted. For manual focus, I recommend the Super A/Program which can be had in mint condition. Just has it serviced and it should work like new.
01-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As per this chart, M lenses will work just fine. You just need to set the aperture manually, without worrying about stop down metering or anything like that.

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: