01-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Promaster 2500K

Promaster 2500PK

Has anyone seen this camera in person?

John

01-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
Site Supporter

I wonder if Cosina is still making Pentax-K SLRs for other companies?
Their own (Voigtlander) Bessa rangefinders are very well-made...

Chris
01-31-2008, 03:36 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to see that there is a K-Mount camera back in production but I can't help wonder about the reasoning behind releasing such a camera.

It's plainly obvious that it would be a hit on the Japanese market as they love this sort of stuff and buy up anything Pentax orientated just for the sake and the novelty of these things.

For my part, there are litterally thousand of Pentax/Ricoh/Chinon/Vivitar K-Mount bodies out there on the s/h market that are better specified and cheaper than this Kenko model. I'm not knocking it at all but for me it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

The only thing that I am wondering about is this. If there is sufficient interest, perhaps Kenko will ressurect the LX and start providing spares and accessories for this camera. Now that would really be a boon to the K-Mount market.
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #19
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=The only thing that I am wondering about is this. If there is sufficient interest, perhaps Kenko will ressurect the LX and start providing spares and accessories for this camera. Now that would really be a boon to the K-Mount market.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be sweet. Wouldn't mind a shot (pardon the pun) at getting the motor drives and battery grip M(?) for my 2 LX's...