Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
3 film cameras: 1 grip

Hi,

Here is a quick translation of a short article I wrote for our local photo club website...

These 3 sisters have a lot in common....

Despite been technologically advanced, they were born on hard times. These are from the late 90's early 2000, just when one of the most radical changes in photography history was at full swing: The Digital Revolution. Film cameras like these and many others from all manufacturers quickly lost the favor of consumers. Nonetheless, these are still competent photography instruments.
These 3 cameras are in perfect shape and their use is quite similar to a basic DSLR. However, they run on CR2 batteries which while long lasting and still relatively easy to find, are getting more and more expensive.

Presenting the Pentax FG grip.

The design of this simple and economical grip replaces the CR2 batteries with 4 AAs.
I have never been into grips. For my taste, they add unwanted bulk and weight. But in this case, it solves a problem. This grip fits the complete MZ/ZX series of film bodies, the family where these 3 belong.

Many think grips make cameras look more "professional"
While these cameras are part of my "museum" collection, they are and will see frequent use for a long time.
I always carry at least one of them in our phototrips. You are always welcome to try them....

What do you think?

Thanks,

Last edited by ismaelg; 02-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
02-21-2012, 05:16 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use one on my ZX-7 sometimes. It depends if I'm in the mood to go small or big.
It certainly is more handy to use AA's.
I haven't done any comparisons of number of frames shot, so I'm not sure which is cheaper.
I just wish they had added a button on the side for vertical shooting.
The nice thing is that they can be had on Ebay for very liitle cash.
02-21-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the feel of grips on my cameras. I have of those one to share between my MZ-5n and ZX-5. Fun post!