Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have good taste in analog cameras. <g>

03-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #62
Banned

if we're speaking of Kmount cameras, I'm not really sure id have one for collecting. honestly, I have never been wooed by the Kmount or any of the cameras. but I suppose for hypothetical it would be the MX, as thats the only Kmount I've ever truly liked. even more than the LX I had for a short period of time.

for screwmount, I guess id have to say an original 'AP' since I actually have one solely for collecting, but truthfully my answer to any m42 question will always, in every case be the SV. i don't care the question, the SV is king. no disputing that. period.

period.
03-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if we're speaking of Kmount cameras, I'm not really sure id have one for collecting. honestly, I have never been wooed by the Kmount or any of the cameras. but I suppose for hypothetical it would be the MX, as thats the only Kmount I've ever truly liked. even more than the LX I had for a short period of time.

for screwmount, I guess id have to say an original 'AP' since I actually have one solely for collecting, but truthfully my answer to any m42 question will always, in every case be the SV. i don't care the question, the SV is king. no disputing that. period.

period.
Your championing of the SV has had me scouring the interweb thingy looking for a nice example (to use) to find out what the fuss is about! My most used screwmount is my ES.

K.
03-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #64
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Your championing of the SV has had me scouring the interweb thingy looking for a nice example (to use) to find out what the fuss is about! My most used screwmount is my ES.

K.
do I champion it? I suppose I do. I regret nothing.

its very different from your ESII, that I can assure. I can't promise you'll love it as much as I do as you may had been spoiled by the features of the ESII, but I can certainly say you will understand better what makes these early cameras so special if you never use a pre-spotmatic body. if you have, well I still stand my statement. the king I tell you.

03-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote

K.
His championing has the price of SVs headed up and the availability headed down. Just try and find a good SV. I actually got a non-functional SV a few days ago and have been in conversation with Eric about repairs. He told me that he can't understand it, but SVs seem to be in high demand. I understand it...Seamuis is to blame.

It is Seamuis' fault. Totally. Every time somebody asks about the best Pentax camera, he can be counted on to add his vote for the SV. If someone is unhappy with their Spotty, he is quick with the comment suggesting that they would have been happier with an SV. Efforts by myself and other members of the Sightseer thread are a minor contribution. I will admit, though, that my SV-related images on Flickr generate almost as much traffic as those for my Chamonix and Canon P and are on a par with the Zenitar stuff. (People are always wanting to see Zenitar fisheye images...go figure!)

Please Seamuis! For the sake of us that would like to own a nice SV, please cut the promotion!

Steve

BTW...anyone noticed what has happened to prices for Takumar 28/3.5 lately? Curse you, owners of mirrorless cameras!
03-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
For the sake of us that would like to own a nice SV, please cut the promotion!
Right now I have a big smile on my face as I am the current custodian of an ESII, an SV, a spottie or 3, a Zenitar FE, and a 28/3.5 (with square hood) all as a result of the various promoters of same on this forum. Thrice or more blessed.
03-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #67
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
His championing has the price of SVs headed up and the availability headed down. Just try and find a good SV. I actually got a non-functional SV a few days ago and have been in conversation with Eric about repairs. He told me that he can't understand it, but SVs seem to be in high demand. I understand it...Seamuis is to blame.

It is Seamuis' fault. Totally. Every time somebody asks about the best Pentax camera, he can be counted on to add his vote for the SV. If someone is unhappy with their Spotty, he is quick with the comment suggesting that they would have been happier with an SV. Efforts by myself and other members of the Sightseer thread are a minor contribution. I will admit, though, that my SV-related images on Flickr generate almost as much traffic as those for my Chamonix and Canon P and are on a par with the Zenitar stuff. (People are always wanting to see Zenitar fisheye images...go figure!)

Please Seamuis! For the sake of us that would like to own a nice SV, please cut the promotion!

Steve

BTW...anyone noticed what has happened to prices for Takumar 28/3.5 lately? Curse you, owners of mirrorless cameras!
I regret nothing.

03-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #68
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
do I champion it?
You're the sole reason it's on my list in my post on the previous page. If I go back to an M42 camera, I'll probably get the SV before the AP because of you. Okay, I guess I'll admit there's another reason: It's one of the most beautiful cameras to look at, and probably the best looking Pentax camera, especially in black.

...Wait a minute... the pictures of the SV that always look incredible are posted by you , so you are the SOLE reason!!!
03-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
and probably the best looking Pentax camera, especially in black.
I saw a black one on eBay last night. <hint hint>

Steve

(...you know you want it...)

(...very, very rough condition though...)
03-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #70
Pentaxian

This SV was on the big NZ auction site for a very short time and went very quickly - someone very lucky was on to this one - Pentax Forums member probably :

Asahi Pentax SV with Lens and case | Trade Me

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 03-16-2012 at 10:12 PM.