Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
If you unsnap it, you will want to completely remove it to clean it. If you don't, the air could knock the screen around the chamber and damage it. Screens are very easy to scratch. Just hold it by the edges & blast away with the air & you'll be ok. Plus, if you remove the screen, you won't be blowing crud into the prism.
Thanks Giggy.

Cleaning job starts tomorrow ... worst case scenario: I will send it for service to real pro's in the matter.

JP

12-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Short answer: If you have to ask, don't try it.
That would make sense ... but I will try anyway!

Cheers!

JP
12-06-2012, 05:19 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
jpzk: It's really quite easy. I've done it a bazillion times. If you're reasonably careful, you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cotton, fluid, mx, screen