Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Pentaxuality! I like it!

Steve
Adam should do one of those dictionary, auto-underline linky things on this - like LBA.

03-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just came across the thread...what a terrific find! Let us know how you made out with the repair.
04-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Repair

Hi there.

Yes I will post info when I get it fixed. It works the way it is now, but it would be nice to get it CLA'ed and also to change to a nice clean mirror.

I am currently looking for the correct lens to put on it. I belive it is a auto Takumar 55mm f2.2 with a black f-stop ring that would be the correct version.

There is also a nice silver one for sale on ebay, with a takumar 58mm f2, sold with the S. This seems to be the rarest pentax lens around, or?
04-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hi there.

Yes I will post info when I get it fixed. It works the way it is now, but it would be nice to get it CLA'ed and also to change to a nice clean mirror.

I am currently looking for the correct lens to put on it. I belive it is a auto Takumar 55mm f2.2 with a black f-stop ring that would be the correct version.

There is also a nice silver one for sale on ebay, with a takumar 58mm f2, sold with the S. This seems to be the rarest pentax lens around, or?
I see only one silver S for sale on ebay and that one has a 55mm f1.8. According to Gerjan van Oostens book, that is one of the three possible standard lenses for th S. The others being 55m f2 and 55mm f2.2. I have that 58mm, wonderful lens. By the time the S came out, Pentax had stopped making the 58mm. But who cares, any of those lenses will work well and look right on your S . . .

04-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
Veteran Member

My S came with a 55 f2.2, but I would suspect your black may have come with any of the 3 that were available.