Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
I sent Eric an e-mail to inquire about a CLA + mirror replacement, so I will wait and see what he answers. From reading many statements regarding Erics knowledge and quality of workmanship, I do not doubt that he is the best for the job.

The next hurdle is to smugle in the S among the other cameras, without my wife finding out...... Scary....

Collecting is also an addiction I guess. Thanks to Pentaxforums I have a place to confess to my sins!
it is, and while this may be a great place to share and talk about said sins, its also the most dangerous place to be if you ever want to avoid those sins. this forum is the sole reason I fell into collecting. luckily I purged myself of that (at least thats what I keep telling myself) but this is a dangerous place for sure. I would never marry anyone who didn't also love cameras and photography, because I know that would cause a thorn in our relationship. keeping things from your partner never works out in the end. good luck though, and by the way, I didn't say it before, but very nice collection. love that black SV.

03-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I would never marry anyone who didn't also love ....
Famous Last Words!
03-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #18
Pentaxian

... and by the way, I didn't say it before, but very nice collection. love that black SV.
Yup, it sure looks pretty. K.
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Famous Last Words!
haha indeed. my ex-fiancée loves photography and cameras. she wanted to display all my cameras (most of which I no longer have) in our home. but I don't have that fiancée any more either. but I couldn't imagine spending my life with someone who didn't share the same passion. just would not work. id rather be single.

03-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The avatar is my Electro Spotmatic! :-)
I do love my wife, even her not sharing my pentaxualiy. She has to live with it :-)
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #21
Banned

pentaxualiy
that is a new one on me. we really should start a dictionary of Pentax related vocabulary.
03-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Pentax vocabulary

that is a new one on me. we really should start a dictionary of Pentax related vocabulary.
Well I should at least spell it correctly: Pentaxuality :-)

Reading other entries on the forum, some seem to have a erotic connection to their camera, so why not a pentaxuality?

03-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Yup, it sure looks pretty. K.
Yes it sure looks nice. But I am trying to convince my self to sell the black SV and keep just the chrome SV. Working on it!
03-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Many of the classic Pentax bodies have an appeal that goes beyond mere industrial design excellence. I use the word sublime when describing my SV / H1a, and my K comes close.
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Banned

Yes it sure looks nice. But I am trying to convince my self to sell the black SV and keep just the chrome SV. Working on it!
haha, good luck with that.if I hadn't given my chrome SV as gift to someone who was very special in my life at that time, I would never have parted with it otherwise. you'll never get me to part with my black SV. not unless it was an actual life and death decision of course. even then I might hesitate.
03-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

haha, good luck with that.if I hadn't given my chrome SV as gift to someone who was very special in my life at that time, I would never have parted with it otherwise. you'll never get me to part with my black SV. not unless it was an actual life and death decision of course. even then I might hesitate.
I simply must sell most of my film cameras. I should keep my KX which was a present from my grandmother. The MESuper is already gone. The H1a is easy. The K and Zebra I should sell because a working camera shouldn't be a display item. I guess I can part with the K2DMD, though I don't want to. The SF1n kit I could get maybe $25 dollars for the camera and the F zooms are nice, so meh either way (but I could shoot film AF if necessary).

LX or SV. LX or SV LX or SV. I just can't decide.
03-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I simply must sell most of my film cameras. I should keep my KX which was a present from my grandmother. The MESuper is already gone. The H1a is easy. The K and Zebra I should sell because a working camera shouldn't be a display item. I guess I can part with the K2DMD, though I don't want to. The SF1n kit I could get maybe $25 dollars for the camera and the F zooms are nice, so meh either way (but I could shoot film AF if necessary).

LX or SV. LX or SV LX or SV. I just can't decide.
you know I only have one display camera and I struggle with the decision to sell it or not, every time I glance at it. I'm very sentimental, so I could never sell the KX if it was a gift. I have two other film cameras besides my 'AP', a black SV and a black Spotmatic. each one is unique and has its uses and charms so I have no need to sell one and keep the other. but in your situation, I can certainly understand. I should refrain from telling you what I think in regards to the SV or LX conundrum. obviously the SV is the greatest camera ever made. even greater than the LX. I mean this is just common sense. but I know how much getting that LX has meant, based on your posts. they are so different though, that they could both be worth keeping. if I were you, honestly I would keep both. we may say its a shame to not use film cameras, and only display them, but knowing your difficulties, you should factor in having something special like those as being a nice thing, regardless of wether you can use them. besides, maybe a family member might want to use them down the road, you never know. some nice family heirlooms these cameras could be if given the chance.
03-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We've really hijacked this thread so let's rest this here - but . . .
snip if I were you, honestly I would keep both.
In the end that's what will happen. As you know, just looking at an SV is somehow thrilling. The K will stay at least for a while. DK what the final outcome will be.
we may say its a shame to not use film cameras, and only display them, but knowing your difficulties, you should factor in having something special like those as being a nice thing, regardless of wether you can use them. besides, maybe a family member might want to use them down the road, you never know. some nice family heirlooms these cameras could be if given the chance.
They'll all get used some - at least once or twice a year just to justify Eric's magic. After a point, though, I have too many to use even every so often.

FWIW, since I knew about the eyes in 2004 I've been on a tear, buying, trying and selling every Pentax camera and lens I ever wanted that I could get my hands on. I think it has been a treat to have a K50/1.2 for 18 months; a black SP and SPII, NOS Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5 Macro, etc (the list is too long to even think about putting down). Kinda funny - the one lens they will bury me with of all the lenses I've owned and sold or kept is the K35/3.5.
03-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
i am at the airport now, packing for this trip is money ticket, LX and clothes. In that order, or was my LX even first....
03-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #30
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pentaxuality! I like it!

Steve