Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

I just scored some cool gear

Standard stuff I think, but I got it for free from a friends garage In the original boxes except for the K1000. Japanese made K1000 (made for american market) with Japanese made 50mm SMC M F2 lens (I was surprised no haze or fungus), Bellows II with a carl zeiss lens (lens needs some work, the focus won't budge, but it doesn't look hazy or fungus clad) and a pentax slide dupe for the bellows system, again in original box. Cool stuff huh? Can't wait to try it all out. The camera and lenses are in plastic bags right now adjusting to being in the house from the cold garage. Weird thing, the bellows is M42, but there is no adapter for the k1000 to work with it all. Probably why everything has been sitting in a box for the last 30 some odd years.

01-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very cool indeed. I have several cameras which I know with a reasonable degree of certainty had not been used for probably 30 years or more. All of my medium format cameras came to me with metal film spools left in them from the last time they had been used. All except my box brownie, which had the metal-tipped wooden spool still in place! (It works fine, by the way).

There's a certain joy to getting cameras which have been sitting unused for decades and taking them out and putting them to use again.
01-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool. Nothing beats free!
01-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I got my lowepro bag and a wideangle Russian MIR lens for free.

01-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Well hello there, fellow Romanian!

Sure, I'll buy a grip for my K10D. Now if I only had a K10D...
Now LED, your fellow Romanian, knows where his camera bag and Russian len ended up at.
01-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Now LED, your fellow Romanian, knows where his camera bag and Russian len ended up at.
Har har. They were gifts from someone who wasn't using them.