Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #1

Pentax ME-F or ME Super Service Manual

Recently, I sent my Spotmatic and ME-F off for repairs and a CLA to Eric Hendrickson - whose services I would HIGHLY recommend. The meter in the ME-F was not working and unfortunately Eric tells me the circuit board was damaged during an earlier repair (7 or 8 years ago) and a replacement is not available.

I have access to equipment to repair and fabricate SMT circuit boards, including flex circuits, and would like to take a try at bringing the ME-F back to life. However, I have never tried to disassemble an SLR. I do believe I have access to suitable tools, though. If I can make it work again, great, if I cannot, it will still be a static part of my collection.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of a service manual for the ME-F or ME Super? The ME-F is very similar to the Super, I believe and a manual for the Super would probably get me close enough.

As an aside, all three of my cameras came back from Eric in about as close to factory new condition as you could expect. Three, because he was gracious enough to sell me an ME Super to replace the ME-F at a very reasonable price.

03-25-2012, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry about your ME-F circuit board. If you do start a repair, please document it with photos, etc. and start a thread here so we can see the process.

Here's where you can download the service manual for for the ME Super, listed as ME-S on the page: Pentax Manuals
03-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can also try Amazon.com: Camera Maintenance & Repair, Book 1: Fundamental Techniques: A Comprehensive, Fully Illustrated Guide (Bk. 1) (9780936262864): Thomas Tomosy: Books

There is also a Book 2. Lots of useful info regarding tools and techniques. Some Pentax models are included in both books.
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
When you are ready to start opening the ME-F, have a quick look here...

Mystery Onion Patch: That is two ME Super cameras now...