Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SF7 Film Rewind Problem

I recently picked up an SF7 on Ebay. I was bidding for the accompanying F 35-70 lens, but as it came with a free body (of a type I'd never used before), I thought I'd give it a try.

I was rather taken with the SF7; it's simple, chunky and rugged and seemed to focus quicker thasn my MZ5N, though I found the lack of exposure compensation limiting, especially as I found the viewfinder information unhelpful in metered manual mode. If I were using it regularly I might find the inability to override DX iso setting inconvenient too.

Anyway, back to the point: when I got to the end of the first film, it wouldn't rewind. I fiddled around with the switch, but nothing happened at all, so I had to resort to the changing bag.

Does anyone have any experience of this? The switch feels a little flimsy, so I'm wondering if the problem is there. I don't actually know how the rewind mechanism works; I assume there isn't a second motor and the spindle is spun from the main motor by wheels or a belt. There is nothing at all going on though. The spindle can be spun easily both ways by hand and the sprocket releases okay. I got the film back from the lab today and there is no evident issue with forward winding.

Any thoughts?