Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I still own, but haven't used in decades a Mamaya/Sekor 50 DTL. My first SLR. Got it around 1970 or so.

I owned 2 Ricoh XR-M's. One wore out and I threw it out. The other is still kicking. Tons of film through them both. Great little cameras. Especially with Pentax glass in front of them. These are my best traveled cameras. Used all the way from that Atlantic to the Pacific.

My least used SLR is my Pentax PZ-1p. Less than five rolls of film through it. Fit is not all that great and just too complicated. After growing up in photography with a Sportmatic II I find that I spend more time on the camera that the photographs. I fine piece of equipment but just not my cup of tea.

My current SLR is a Pentax ZX-5n with an attached battery pack. Love it.

I just remembered that I also have a brand new Pentax ZX-M. Never used. Still in it's box. Don't recall exactly how I came about it. I think it was a mistaken order that I decided to keep.

04-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No fooling: Modern Photography March 1978 Equipment Reviews
04-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IMO that's no "smoking gun". I loved Modern Photography (until they merged with Popular Photography)
but like all photo magazine "insiders" Keppler too was sometimes guilty of speculative flights of fancy.

I have owned some of those early XR Rikenon K-mount lenses.
Short of a complete teardown and comparison by Eric I remain unconvinced.

Chris