Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #61

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I feel the PZ-1P is the best SLR I've ever held, comfort and grip wise. It beats any Pentax SLR or DSLR and I've never held another body that's felt as good in the hand. I was very sad when I sold mine and switched to digital.
I picked up a Z5 recently, with the grip extension. At about the same time I found another grip online, which I snapped up for the Z1p. I have quite large hands (I never take the BG off the K10D), and the grip extension for the Z body just makes a great thing better. Highly recommended if you come across them.

04-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
For the MZ-S and probably all the AF models I think the answer is no as replacement electronics will become impossible to source. Due to the lower numbers of MZ-S around I think it will die out sooner than the cheaper worse build AF models which sold in volumes and so have a ready supply of “parts” (bodies that can be canabalised). For the MX and earlier I think they will outlast all other Pentax cameras including current DSLRs.
I can't believe after saying this a few days ago, my MZ-S died today, AF is completely F'ed
04-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can't believe after saying this a few days ago, my MZ-S died today, AF is completely F'ed
Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry to hear!

Does Eric work on these, or only the old models?
04-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry to hear!

Does Eric work on these, or only the old models?
I've emailed Eric to find out.....

04-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #65

Photos: Gallery
I've emailed Eric to find out.....
Fingers crossed for you..
04-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #66

If you can do without the AF, a Super Program with the Motordrive-A might be worth considering. The ergonomics of the camera suffer a little due to the handgrip and it's a slightly bigger combination than the K-5 & grip but feels solid enough for me.
04-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #67

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not surprised that you don't love the MZ-S. I find it small, light and finicky, though beautiful to look at, and it's unable to use current lenses (without aperture rings) very easily.

The PZ-1p, on the other hand, is ugly as a dog and a dream to shoot with.

Only Nikon camera I've ever owned was an F100, for a brief purchase evaluation. I sent it back quickly before I fell deeply in love enough to start changing systems.
04-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote

The PZ-1p, on the other hand, is ugly as a dog and a dream to shoot with.
My sentiments exactly. The PZ-1 has become my AF film SLR. I complained about the plastic, but the truth is it's mostly pretty sturdy plastic. Biggest issue for me is that cheapo bottom. But as soon as I lay my hands on the non-battery grip for PZ-1, I can stop worrying about the bottom.

As for the F100....yeah, it's great. But nothing like the FAs will mount to it, so I find myself shooting my Pentax bodies more. Plus, for my "brutish" brick-like club-someone-to-death camera which mounts lots of high quality glass, I've just found the answer, and it's neither Pentax nor Nikon. It's the Contax RX.