Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

McKenzie (LX test roll)

A good friend has an LX that he's not using, and so it's fallen into my lap for a while. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with this development. I had never used one before yesterday, but I am already in love with it. What a camera! I'm going to have to have one, eventually. The roll I shot was Ilford HP5 Plus, and I stand-developed in Rodinal (I like big grain) and scanned it myself on an Epson V500. Sample shot below.....McKenzie was in the studio for a headshot session, which I shot mostly on digital, then had her sit for a few extra frames. Most of the roll up soon on Flickr.

04-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The LX may be an oldie, but it is a goodie. As I have said many times before, it is the last camera I would get rid of, and that includes my K20D!

K.
04-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A great friend (let you borrow an LX!), a great camera and a great model. Some people have all the luck!
04-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
A great friend (let you borrow an LX!), a great camera and a great model. Some people have all the luck!
I think he started shooting Pentax stuff roughly the same time I did, and it hasn't been all that long ago, but he's built up a pretty decent selection of bodies, and doesn't have time to use them all. I'm just glad the LX isn't his main body, so I get a chance to experience it! I've been thinking about sending in my MX for a CLA, but now I'm thinking I should set those funds aside for the day when I find a good LX.

I posted some other shots from the same roll on Flickr. Nothing too special, was mainly putting the camera through its paces and trying to determine if I could get good manual focus using that screen and finder. Tests were passed on both counts.

I forgot to mention, the lens used was the Super Tak 50/1.4.