Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K2DMD Dent in prism

Hi

I just got a hold of a Pentax K2DMD very cheap from ebay. But it has a dent next to the hot shoe. Is this easy to fix? Or is it possible to get replacement tops for the camera?

The picture, enclosed, is from ebay. I havn't recived the camera yet, since it is in the US.

Attached Images

04-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not really- you'd need to replace the prism cover, and that might involve some work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not really- you'd need to replace the prism cover, and that might involve some work.
And you have to find a better K2DMD prism cover (Top Plate). I've never seen one NOS.

BTW, I saw that camera and all the other stuff that guy is selling. Interesting collection.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.
04-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Why bother if the camera works anyway? But it all depends on if you intend to use the camera or keep it on a shelf as a collectors item. It is a fantastic camera to use.
I've seen some new tops for MX, LC and ME Super for sale, but not for the K2DMD.

Praeterea censeo SMC Pentax-FA 200mm f4 macro 1:1 esse fabricari iterum!

04-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Check with Eric, he may be able to fix it or might have a replacement.

Phil.
04-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I doubt you will be able to find a replacement K2DMD top cover anywhere, at any price.

Eric straightened a dent in a top cover for me. It was better but still noticeable.
Mine was chrome. I expect some of that black paint would be lost in the process.

Chris
04-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
And you have to find a better K2DMD prism cover (Top Plate). I've never seen one NOS.

BTW, I saw that camera and all the other stuff that guy is selling. Interesting collection.
He also has a KX with motor. Nice outfit, but I should concentrait on the current cameras. But he is selling 3 motors, difficult to tell if it is the actual motor sold with the KX since he is showing a Honeywell version on s Asahi Pentax KX.

Next is a motor for the K2DMD. It uses the same battery pack as lx and mx, but it is completly different.

I really wanted a K2 to conpliment the KX I have, so a K2DMD would fill that spot for only $56 + postage I can live with a dent.
04-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Call Pål Vangsøy at Fovi Service. He have (at least he had) lots of spare part bodies.....

Phone: 22 58 80 90

04-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Takk:
I am planning to visit him soon with a few cameras. He is a magican for us here in Norway when it comes to Pentax :-) He has moved to central Oslo, in Møllergata.