Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #1

Does PZ1-p top LCD light up?

I just got one yesterday and the one ergonomic issue I have so far is that I find it difficult to read the small print on the top LCD in not so bright light. It is not back lit in any way. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a back light that turns on from a custom function or something? Other than that quite like the camera. It doesn't feel nearly as solid as any of my other cameras, but it is lighter than many, so that's a decent trade off.

04-13-2012, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #2

Not completly sure about PZ 1p, But I have 2 PZ 1's and you can backlight the top LCD window by pushing both the exposure compensation button and the metering mode button at the same time. It will stay lit about 5 seconds.
04-13-2012, 03:40 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Old Man Quote
Not completly sure about PZ 1p, But I have 2 PZ 1's and you can backlight the top LCD window by pushing both the exposure compensation button and the metering mode button at the same time. It will stay lit about 5 seconds.
I'm almost sure it's the same with PZ1-p. And I say "almost", because I don't have my camera right here to check it and I can't find some photo online from it's back. If not those two buttons, I am sure it's a combination of some other two buttons and they are well shown in a grafic manner, with sort of a lightbulb figure, like in the bellow image for the PZ1. If I recall correctly, LCD lights up with a lovely blue light.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hertizel; 04-13-2012 at 03:53 AM.
04-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, heck, I never noticed that light icon on the back of mine. Yes, it does light up if you press the two of them. +1 for that.

04-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hey everyone forgot to say thanks. I completely missed that little icon next to those two buttons on the back...!
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, I've learned something new too.