Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Setting the Aperture on a ZX-M/MZ-M

For about 90% of the time I've owned my Pentax, I've used it two different Sigma lens, almost always shooting in automatic mode. It wasn't until recently that I've taking up learning more about the technical aspects of not only photography, but of my camera as well. About a month ago I started using a 50mm SMC-A lens, and noticed that when I manually set the aperture, the display in the viewfinder does not display a number. Yet, with either of my two Sigma lens, it will display an f/#, though I've come to realize that the aperture set on the lens does not always match the aperture in the display.

Am I correct in presuming that the actual aperture on the lens is correct, and that the camera is 'mis-reading' what is actually set?

Thanks.
- Daniel

01-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by APEHAUS Quote
Am I correct in presuming that the actual aperture on the lens is correct, and that the camera is 'mis-reading' what is actually set?
Yes.
The aperture on the lens is correct.
01-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Cool, thanks.