Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lucky week

In the past 48 hours I've scored the following film stash (35mm) for a total of $45:

1 roll Kodak HIE infrared
2 rolls Kodak BW400CN
4 rolls Neopan Acros 100
4 rolls Kodak elite Chrome slide film
25 rolls Fuji color 800
26 rolls Kodak Plus-X 125

Just felt like bragging.

Carry on.

04-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
In the past 48 hours I've scored the following film stash (35mm) for a total of $45:
Very nice, brag away
04-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
O_O!! Plus-X 26 rolls! ~^o_O^% Awe
04-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've never even used Plus-X. I dropped off a roll of C-41/120 at my local camera shop and then started wandering around town looking for pics, and I just happened to see the camera shop owner, coming back from lunch. He stopped me and said "Hey, I've been looking for you, I've got some free film you might want, four or five rolls." So I followed him back to the store and he gave me four rolls of OLD slide film. I noticed some expired film that I had missed when I was there a few minutes before, Plus-X, half-price (according to the sign). I figure I should try a few rolls of it, so I asked how much. "How about a dollar?" he asked.

"Sounds good to me!"

"How many you want?"

"Uh...all of them?"

"Seriously, you sure? There's like, twenty-some rolls in the box."

"Hell yeah, if you're gonna sell 'em for a dollar, I'll take 'em all!"

So he rang me up, and he made sure to tell me the retail was two-hundred bucks or so. About half were 24s, half 36. Expiration is 04/12...not that I even care, I've shot more expired film than anything else. I just looked it up on B&H, and apparently that film is discontinued? Heh...even better.

04-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Plus-X is my all time favorite film. Back in my Olympus Pen FT days, that's all I shot. I was truly sad when Kodak discontinued it.
04-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cheap film comes at a good time for me. Planning to get a rangefinder soon, and I guess I'll need several rolls just to get to know the camera.

What do you think about Ilford FP4? I've only shot a couple of rolls, but I was really impressed. When I was reading about Plus-X earlier today, I recall one guy saying FP4 was very close.
04-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Adamson Quote
Cheap film comes at a good time for me. Planning to get a rangefinder soon, and I guess I'll need several rolls just to get to know the camera.

What do you think about Ilford FP4? I've only shot a couple of rolls, but I was really impressed. When I was reading about Plus-X earlier today, I recall one guy saying FP4 was very close.
I think that FP4 is the closest thing to Plus X. Shot lots of both of them over the years, The Acros 100 is great too, my perferred film for medium format. Free and cheap are the two best prices for black and white film. Still shooting some stuff from the 70s and that works fine still. Enjoy and bragging is not out of place.