Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Inactive Account

ME Super accessories?

Hello,

I'm new to Pentax, and because of that I don't know where to get a square lens hood, metal if possible . I found the winder on KEH's website, are there any other accessories I should know about?

04-30-2012, 01:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That's a potentially expensive question.

The answer, however, depends entirely on what you want to do with the camera, and how much you're prepared to spend. You might start with the Accessories part of this site: Pentax Accessories - Flashes, Tripods, Grips - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

in which you'll find such things as viewfinder accessories:
Viewfinder Attachments (Genuine Pentax - Legacy) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

flashes, tripods, bellows and all sorts of other things. Of course, there's also the seemingly never-ending variety of lenses for every purpose known to humanity, but I'm sure you can find your way there by now.

Have fun with it.
Rob
04-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Dressed Up?

Hello Super ME,
One additional item that works well and doesn't cost too much is an AF280T flash.
Me Super, All Dressed Up! Photo; Pentax K10-D, F... - rbefly's Album: rbefly photos - PentaxForums.com
They're usually under $50.00 on eBay. Tilt/swivil head, fully manual, works great!
The square lens hoods are fine for wide-angle up to 50mm lenses, above that you're better off with the round ones. Older genuine Pentax branded hoods are expensive, but plain black knock-offs work just as well and are under $5.00.
I've been collecting OEM Pentax filters for film lenses, the Y-1 and Y-2 yellow (in 49mm) are handy, as are skylight filters. Perfect match for "M" lenses. I even found a Pentax 49mm Polarizer in the original case.
One item that's worth getting is an original Me Super instruction manual, around $10.00 USD. Lots of good info there!
Good Luck,
Ron
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I had no clue there was so much out there for ME Super, Thanks. for the help guys.

05-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #5

Here is a source for a printable reproduction manual that is almost as nice as an original manual :

Pentax Manuals

In Windows 7, set landscape paper orientation, and select the "Booklet" printing mode (one of 4 major printing modes in the middle of the dialogue page), and print it on a color laser printer. Then you can cut out the pages on a cutter cutter, gently bend one side of the manual in half (tear drop bend) and then add 2 stapes in the middle, Done!

I bet most people would have a hard time telling the difference between your manual and an original! The only downside is a slight discoloring of the cover page vs. a NOS manual that would be completely white.