Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Broken Back

Can anyone help? The patch on the back of my PZ-1 is broken. Does anyone have a back which they no longer need?

05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi Stan
You could try keeping a saved search in ebay for "Pentax PZ-1" and hopefully someone will be trying to offload a broken one.

Either that or emailing a photo of the broken back of your camera to repair shops - although you may be a bit stuck for choice in NZ.

You could try a couple of places I know local to me in Perth:

Cal's cameras (no relation to me). Fixed my K10's mis-aligned sensor.
Cals Camera Repairs

Camera Electronic:
Repair Department - Camera Electronic Perth Western Australia

Best of luck
Cal
05-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good news....I've got an old non-working PZ-1 you are welcome to have. Not sure what part the "patch" is, but the back door seems fine overall. The camera doesn't work...no idea why I kept it...but glad I did. Got it with a lens purchase.

Bad news.....I'm in Canada...while you can have the camera for free....I would like some help on the shipping to NZ. That might be more pricey than you finding one used locally.

Do you just need the back door? Maybe I can can figure out how to get it off, and just send that.....stuffed in a bubble envelope.

Edit....Update....I just figured out how to pop the back off. Super easy, looks fine to me. Found your email in your profile Stan...bounced you a couple of photos of it. Let me know if it will solve your problems, and I'll stick it in the post for you.

Last edited by WiseOx; 05-11-2012 at 06:57 AM.
05-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks; all hat I need is he back door. I'm more than happy to pay the postage.