Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Weird Spotting on Film

Hi.

I've noticed this occurrence of a spotting on some of my images several times in the past. I can't think of any recurring factors that might be happening with each photo. The image here:
Mantis 1
is a prime example. From what I recall, I shot this with my ZX-M and a Sigma 70-300mm, in Macro mode. Any ideas? This has happened on two different ZX-M cameras now.

Another photo, same subject and set-up:

Mantis 2

and one more:

Mantis 3

Thanks.

01-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Looks like a dirty scan to me.

You can check the film itself to see if it has dust or staining. Or do a scan yourself.
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ah yes, the scan is the one item they all have in common. I take my film to my local Target and have them develop and scan straight to CD.
01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by APEHAUS Quote
Ah yes, the scan is the one item they all have in common. I take my film to my local Target and have them develop and scan straight to CD.
You might also want to check the negatives carefully. Not every 1 hour place is as meticulous about chemical cleanliness and freshness as it should be.

01-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Inactive Account

looks like either improper drying of the negative, or particulates in the chemicals.