Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
sorry for double post, here are the test shots. This is to hard for me to repair .

Attached Images

05-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #17

Kameradoktor who I mentioned before does repair Pentax Cameras(he mentions in his site that he was a MX fan).
I have no idea about his repair prices and how good his English is.

Staub, Glaspilz im Objektiv ? Blende verharzt ? Objektivreinigung ? Kamerareparatur ? Tips+Hilfe !

But maybe it would be cheaper to buy another MX in a better condition.
There are always some auctions running for MX Cameras in the German eBay.
05-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rares Quote
is there a good repairman in Europe ?
Robin in the UK... Search the PentaxUser site (the UK site)

Although by the sound of your MX's condition you might be best flogging it for parts and picking up a better copy...
06-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #19
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Lag shutter is not a serious problem as long as it is just dried grease and gunk doing that. It is a basic CLA and when done right, the results are night and day. The gears that control the release and travel are often fouled with grease over time.

08-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #20

Thanks again people of the forum. In the end I followed aeou's instructions and picked up a foam light seal kit from http://camerasealkit.com and followed Jon Goodman's instructions. Took me a couple of hours of painstaking dropping of tweezers and being confused about which bits went where but got there in the end. You can see the results below, it was definitely worth it.

BEFORE: Bad lighting generally but notice light leaks coming from bottom.

AFTER

I'm really happy with the shots from my MX. Best images I've had back from the developers in years.

The only slight issue I have is that some photos are a touch out of focus, and I did at time find it hard to use the focus screen. In certain light the microprism is hard to read and on certain subject matter the split-image centre is useless so I found it easier to just use the main part of the screen and judge that. At this point the scratches on the screen made a nuisance of themself, making some parts of the screen look in focus and others out. Basically I think I want a plain focus screen with maybe a grid, such as the SG screen seen here at bdimitrov's site.

Am I correct in remembering from my previous investigations that the user who used to sell screens on ebay has left because of the posting fees or was that the light seal kits? Can anyone suggest where I might buy one? I can't find anything on ebay.

Thanks and best wishes
Dan