Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Not at all. the hands of a working photographer.
The check is in the mail.

06-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #17

Original Poster
Wow!! What a demo!!
Thanks..

I'm not sure yet though, that the video is playback at actual speed.

If it is, then mine indeed has a problem. My winder works same as the demo BUT with much slower speed, likely less than half speed. There's considerably delay between trigger push and shoot.

Oh, well, if I use C and X100 speed, it bursts at likely less than 1fps. So, yes, mine has a problem.
06-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hiktaka Quote
Wow!! What a demo!!
Thanks..

I'm not sure yet though, that the video is playback at actual speed.

If it is, then mine indeed has a problem. My winder works same as the demo BUT with much slower speed, likely less than half speed. There's considerably delay between trigger push and shoot.

Oh, well, if I use C and X100 speed, it bursts at likely less than 1fps. So, yes, mine has a problem.
Thanks!

It's possible that you need fresh batteries or the Winder needs to be cleaned/lubricated. The ME Winder II is a product that is approaching 30 years old, so the grease inside could use a refresh. I've taken mine apart and lubed things up and cleaned things. It makes a BIG difference.

The sound might be a little off in response to the video, but they were part of the same file, so it might have happened in the render of the video.
06-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
The check is in the mail.
I'll try to not spend it all in the same location!

06-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A good explaination, Lauren. The manual for the winder is kinda obscure, I had the same problem with my new (to me) lovely black ME-Super and winder. Brother Butkus at -- ORPHAN CAMERAS is a wonderful resource, I hope many of us send him a donation to keep up the good work.

Someone mentioned the same problem with their MX and winder, I have that pair also and don't remember the problem. Probably just luck. Wouldn't it be nice if Pentax used the ME winder battery tray on the MX winder? That little locking screw is a problem just waiting to happen.
08-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #21

Hi, im new here, so pleased to meet you all.
I have a question about me II winder, not exactly about the topic, but concerning the winder.
So, is it possible to use the winder only as a grip? Using the winders shutter button, but winding the film by lever on the camera? It would be best if i it was possible without batteries. Or can I use winding lever and shutter button on camera, but with the winder attached? (turned off, or something)
I use ME-F.
It would be best if someone could check it
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad (?) English.
08-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #22

Original Poster
Yes you can.
the camera's cocking lever and shutter release are functional as usual.

09-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
Inactive Account

I recently bought a used winder me 11 and it while it tested out OK, i.e., power's OK, but following connection to my program plus pentax, a whirling sound results and the winder will not fire or transport the film; inserted new batteries and still made no difference.
any ideas?
thanks,
matt
06-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #24
Inactive Account

I have had recently the same problem on my Super A :-)

Only that whirring sound instead of whir , click , whir.

After 15 minutes troubleshooting i have found the solution ...
The SuperA has a small grip. If you do not demount this grip you have the whirring sound.
After demounting the small grip it works like a charm.