Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Focusing screen for MF in Pentax pz-1

While I love my Pentax pz-1 film body, I have many manual focus lens that I find the pz-1 viewfinder lacking in assisting the manual focus process. I have a harder time with default pz-1 focusing screen than that in my K100D. Are you aware of a focusing screen like a split prism type that can be used safely on Pentax pz-1 body? I quickly look over bdimitrov.de great site for information but I can't seem to find one that is like a split prism type of screen for Pentax pz-1 body

Pentax Focusing Screens

Any information & comment is much appreciated. If you were me with a lot of manual focus lens, would you attempt to use it with Pentax pz-1 body. I have Pentax super program and I love the focusing screen with super program and I wish my pz-1 has a screen just like the super program, and it will make my pz-1 more charming with very capable body in AF and MF as well.

Thanks,
Hin

01-25-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Any PZ1 owner uses a different focusing screen

I have my Pentax Super Program and the focusing screen is top notch for manual focusing. I wish I have something like the SuperPragram focusing screen on my PZ1. Any PZ1 owner uses a different focusing screen with success other than the default.

Thanks,
Hin
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nope, I rely on the beep for in focus, but mainly I shot autofocus on my PZ-1 except for ultra wide angle, and DOF is so high with a 24mm that I really didn't need to be that good.

Bought my 1.7x AF TC shortly after I got the PZ-1
01-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
DAP

Hi,

Beattie makes one (Beattie screens are very high quality - I have one in a Pentax LX - much better than the Pentax Factory screen)

Here is a link (BTW - I don't work for B&H - just trying to help)

Beattie | Intenscreen Split Image Diagonal Grid | 82455 | B&H

01-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Nope, I rely on the beep for in focus, but mainly I shot autofocus on my PZ-1 except for ultra wide angle, and DOF is so high with a 24mm that I really didn't need to be that good.

Bought my 1.7x AF TC shortly after I got the PZ-1
Thanks for the inputs!
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DAP Quote
Hi,

Beattie makes one (Beattie screens are very high quality - I have one in a Pentax LX - much better than the Pentax Factory screen)

Here is a link (BTW - I don't work for B&H - just trying to help)

Beattie | Intenscreen Split Image Diagonal Grid | 82455 | B&H
That is a very useful link. Unfortunately, the price is well around the price that I paid for my pz-1. I think for now, I settle my pz-1 with just AF and for manual focus, I take the approach to rely on the beep with the default screen. It is still unsettling to not find a screen that is around $40 that does what I see in those manual focus bodies such as the Super Program.

Thanks a bunch,
Hin
07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #7

Sorry for reviving such an old thread. I was wondering if anyone knows why this Beattie Intenscreen 82455 for PZ-1 cannot be used on a PZ-1p? I thought that the screens are the same as per Bojidar's site.
Pentax Focusing Screens