Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #31
Pentaxian
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,427
I want to revive an old Ricoh related film camera thread. I was looking for information on fixing my xr-p on mirror getting in the up position. The search leads me back to this wonderful thread with lots of valuable information.

Cheers,
Hin

02-11-2016, 01:08 AM   #32
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 492
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I want to revive an old Ricoh related film camera thread. I was looking for information on fixing my xr-p on mirror getting in the up position. The search leads me back to this wonderful thread with lots of valuable information.

Cheers,
Hin
Some (OK many) of the later film cameras were (are) difficult to repair like DSLRs (simpler trash can) if you send your K1000 to Eric he will fix it... I just fix mine myself. Ricoh lenses are ok on my K1000!
04-25-2016, 01:12 PM   #33
Pentaxian
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,427
QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
Some (OK many) of the later film cameras were (are) difficult to repair like DSLRs (simpler trash can) if you send your K1000 to Eric he will fix it... I just fix mine myself. Ricoh lenses are ok on my K1000!
I think I asked Eric once if he would fix Rioch xr-p and the answer that I got before was negative. I might try again.

My xr-p has occasional stuck mirror and it was somewhat a well known problem in Ricoh where the two pieces of mirror lose the cement in bonding them together, which end up protruding with one part sticking out over the other and stuck in the up position upon shutter release. If I get enough time and courage, I will try to use a dryer to warm the two mirrors and yank them apart and re-apply gently on possible glue. IF you know of the appropriate type of glue to use, I can use some information.

Thanks,
Hin
04-25-2016, 01:29 PM   #34
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,445
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I think I asked Eric once if he would fix Rioch xr-p and the answer that I got before was negative. I might try again.

My xr-p has occasional stuck mirror and it was somewhat a well known problem in Ricoh where the two pieces of mirror lose the cement in bonding them together, which end up protruding with one part sticking out over the other and stuck in the up position upon shutter release. If I get enough time and courage, I will try to use a dryer to warm the two mirrors and yank them apart and re-apply gently on possible glue. IF you know of the appropriate type of glue to use, I can use some information.

Thanks,
Hin
I know how fond you are of your XR-P. It might be worth checking to see if there is a camera repair in your region that will look at it. It might also be worth posting an inquiry on the repair section of the rangefinder forum. That section of the site is not limited to rangefinder cameras.

Repair / Camera Care - Rangefinderforum.com

- or -

APUG's repair forum

Camera Building, Repairs & Modification | APUG.ORG


Steve

04-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #35
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Pittsford, Michigan
Posts: 70
Its not stuck on with glue just double sided tape which goes bad over time like the seals and bumpers. I fixed two KR-30SP's by gently prying the mirror from its slipped mounting tape with a metal ruler and then sticking it back down in the proper position with new double sided tape. My XR-P on the other hand also had issues with the mirror mech so fixing the mirror didn't make the problem go away. So it now just looks good on a shelf. This does seem to be a problem with the KR-30's and XR-P. As all three of mine had this issue.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricoh promises some very high-end Ricoh products this year... JohnBee Pentax News and Rumors 33 06-28-2012 04:50 AM
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh 55mm f/1.2 (no Ricoh pin!), Voigtlander 40mm f/2 Ultron feilb Sold Items 4 11-22-2011 07:47 PM
RICOH Establishes PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 20 10-13-2011 03:31 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Program Plus SLR, M 50/2, A 70-210/4, Ricoh 28-100/4 (US/CAN) nbu Sold Items 8 01-30-2011 12:45 AM
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh SLR system, Cokin-A, flashes, lenses SquintyEyes Sold Items 6 06-17-2009 03:04 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top